How reliable are the offers at the Requests forum?

Hi! I see that a lot of people are sent to the requests forum. When I was looking for hosting I received a lot of offers there, but went with Dixiesys, who didn't offer anything. the reason is that I could find absolutely no info about any of those hosts, while I could see only good news about Dixiesys.

Any comments?
    Last edited by Carboran; 09-25-2002 at 04:32 PM.

I think you about summed it up.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

It's common sense and you already used it by picking a host with good reviews
    But of course many hosts don't post offers here because customers from WHT are used to very low prices and not every host want's to support customers for minimum wages...

Got to be careful...

Originally posted by Walter
    It's common sense and you already used it by picking a host with good reviews
    But of course many hosts don't post offers here because customers from WHT are used to very low prices and not every host want's to support customers for minimum wages...
    exactly - most hosts that reply to requests made by customers that want everything for a nickel, probably wont be around too long....

I've posted a few dedicated server requests here and somehow always ended up going with a company that didn't reply to them

I usually end up contacting a company with a decent reputation by email and talking to them directly to get a good offer out of them. It seems to work quite well if you don't give up too easily.

Anyway, found a decent company now I have both my servers with and I trust them to keep me happy, meaning it's unlikely I'll go trawling for the cheapest offer anymore, but just try to work with them. I've learned my lessons from going with the cheapest offer on the table (*cough FDCservers*, *cough Hostmania*).

I respond to requests we can match (quite few anymore) because we pick up a fair number of customers that are browsing the "requests" section. It gets harder and harder to even read them, some of those requests are unreal. In light of this, I would say the credibility of the offer is proportional to how rational the request is.

Akash made a good point. People who post their requests here want unreal hosting plans. So, the point of the story about cheap prices and reliable hosting is -- good hosting is not always cheap and cheap hosting is not always good

I understand people's fear's or bad reviews of a host , but if the host has been around for awhile and there is nothing bad , how can that be so bad ?

Why not ask them for refrences of several sites they do bussiness with and do a little research? I will be honest it's defintely affected us but I am not gonna let it beat me down.
    98% of our bussiness is non WHT people.

The people we do have from WHT , ethier just posted to get hosting and haven't posted since or they are just not avid posters. I don't pressure or bribe people to post reviews for me , it doesn't mean no one is happy about our service or anything like that.

To say I am not disappointed would be a lie , but things happen for a reason and all our current customers pay reasonable rates and not nickle and dime rates , so maybe it's a blessing I have been offering cheaper than normal rates to try to get some clients , so we can have some good feedback on here , but we don't have any negative feedback , so I am happy with our growth.

(/ends ramble)
    phantasyworkshosting.com