Thread: eXopanel

eXopanel

I originally posted the message that rewdog came across on hostingchat.com. We are currently feeling out our audience and are hoping to release something, if we pursue this, Q1 of next year. Any questions or suggestions can be posted here as I am a member of the company and can give you our position. For those of you that did not read the post on this board or on hostingchat.com... we are contemplating the release of our control panel software. As of now we are leaning towards an Alabanza style model (sell dedicated servers packaged with the software), but are taking licensing into consideration due to the overwhelming response. We're happy to answer any questions or field any suggestions.

Demo URL: http://www.exopanel.com/demo/

Kyle Tuskey
    eXostream Communications
    http://www.exostream.com/

Hm, nice control panel. Let me guess, it's open source and you're letting everyone download the source...? No? Than it's blatant advertising and posted in the wrong forum.

We are not advertising. We are not even selling anything yet. There was a post earlier that we were unaware of until today and we are making ourselves available for questioning on the product we may release.

At least you (Ales) could have tried to be nice while saying that. Not everybody intentionally posts in the wrong forums. Also, as stated, I don't believe this can be seen as advertising as no product is beeing offered for sale. He's asking for peoples opinions and inviting them to discuss exopanel.

Exopanel looks very promising. With the right marketing/pricing I'm sure it can become one of the best competitors CPanel has ever seen. I would very much like to see it enter the hosting market.

Sorry guys, I'm not in my best mood today, so I got a bit too sarcastic.

Anyway, if you look a few threads down, you'll see another thread with exactly the same title and very similar contents. The only difference is that the company itself isnt advertisinig it's product in the other one, while it's doing so in this one. IMHO, this thread is more about licensing than anything else and it's against the forum's rules. Since this has nothing to do with me, I'll step out of this at this point... I've should have let it up to the mods in the first place, sorry.

btw, like I already said, control panel looks really nice. Good luck with it.

We would not have posted if we felt it was against any policies. As I said before, we are only making ourselves available to the questions and suggestions people may have from the earlier post that we were unaware of until recently. I also don't see how this could be advertising if we have nothing to sell at this point.

I hope this post clears up any questions:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Participants may not use the forum to publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but not limit to suggesting your own services, or services of partners or family.
    Also note this part:
    Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages. Participants may not use a "signature" with plan descriptions or any pricing information at the end of Forum messages. Signatures must be kept to a maximum of four lines and contain no more than one website address.
    Thread moved to the proper forum, and we can continue to discuss the topic...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I'm sorry, I did not know I was violating any policies. Nor did I know I was advertising in any way. Can a moderator please remove this thread as it isn't relevant or understandable in the new location. Thanks.

lmao, pretty sad when you get nailed by everyone when trying to help out others in need of it (answering questions).

Re: eXopanel

Originally posted by ktuskey
    I originally posted the message that rewdog came across on hostingchat.com. We are currently feeling out our audience and are hoping to release something, if we pursue this, Q1 of next year. Any questions or suggestions can be posted here as I am a member of the company and can give you our position. For those of you that did not read the post on this board or on hostingchat.com... we are contemplating the release of our control panel software. As of now we are leaning towards an Alabanza style model (sell dedicated servers packaged with the software), but are taking licensing into consideration due to the overwhelming response. We're happy to answer any questions or field any suggestions.

Demo URL: http://www.exopanel.com/demo/

Kyle Tuskey
    eXostream Communications
    http://www.exostream.com/

I think the control panel looks great, better than CPanel5. I would buy it if it was stable.