Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Comments Welcome!

If a web host cant take criticism and comments about there service they shouldn’t be online!

I open all doors and communication requests to you, i want you to decide how my service rates on the net.

I welcome any bad or good comments on the service and look for suggestions to help build and make it stronger.

please visit ( www.theogc.com )

Let me know what you think!

Thank you!
    Marcus Brown

I think if you "fill" in the middle it will look quite well. But right now the middle looks to plain compared to the outer part of the design.
    Domain Software, LLC.

The middle is packed full.
    The site is using Iframes.

Please use internet explorer 5.0+ to view.
    Marcus Brown

it's unique but you admitted the first and foremost problem with it yourself. You need cross-browser compatability. If not you're losing a share of the viewers to your site, thus losing sales.

Originally posted by Fazel3
    it's unique but you admitted the first and foremost problem with it yourself. You need cross-browser compatability. If not you're losing a share of the viewers to your site, thus losing sales.
    yes agreed and understood. But the majority of users are on IE and iframe supported browsers, the others, well ill have to work on something for them. Until then i guess there just going to see a white blank spot.

But other then that, is there any other problems?
    Marcus Brown

The site looks cool. The text on your header looks something weird. Good work.

Thanks for all your good comments, but im looking for drawbacks, somthing to work on or fix. Maybe soemoen has suggestions or ideas of services or other things i could add..?

PS: Thanks for the comment ultravox
    Marcus Brown

I like the design all around the middle section, but then I navigate in the middle and it doesn't have the same flare that the outer design has (look at services & mailing lists). Also, Services should not have an apostrophie. Maybe set the middle apart somehow (border or something), it seems to float in the middle. Your title in the header looks distorted and jagged (Theogc.com). Otherwise, has good potential. Very nice.

It was mentioned before, but I also believe you should work on the browser compatability. No matter how many are on the latest IE browsers, customers expect a business, especially one dealing with the web, to be able to have sites that work no matter who views them.

Originally posted by AboveCenter
    I like the design all around the middle section, but then I navigate in the middle and it doesn't have the same flare that the outer design has (look at services & mailing lists). Also, Services should not have an apostrophie. Maybe set the middle apart somehow (border or something), it seems to float in the middle. Your title in the header looks distorted and jagged (Theogc.com). Otherwise, has good potential. Very nice.

It was mentioned before, but I also believe you should work on the browser compatability. No matter how many are on the latest IE browsers, customers expect a business, especially one dealing with the web, to be able to have sites that work no matter who views them.
    noted: Thank You.
    Marcus Brown

abovecenter i changed the menu around a little bit, im still playing with it but let me know how you like this one ok?

Thanks -
    Marcus Brown

Originally posted by Theogc

yes agreed and understood. But the majority of users are on IE and iframe supported browsers, the others, well ill have to work on something for them. Until then i guess there just going to see a white blank spot.
    Not exactly. You could just write a message for Netscape browsers that says, "If you are viewing this message, it's because your browser does not support iframes."

And am I reading that right-- for web design, you're charging $30 for 10 pages??

Originally posted by Theogc
    The middle is packed full.
    The site is using Iframes.

Please use internet explorer 5.0+ to view.
    I mean't the middle is "plain". Its just some text on a white background with some tables. Compared to the "outer" part of the site (IE: graphics) it needs to be "filled" in.

Originally posted by flitcher

I mean't the middle is "plain". Its just some text on a white background with some tables. Compared to the "outer" part of the site (IE: graphics) it needs to be "filled" in.

So your suggesting that i make some background for the inner middle frame?
    Marcus Brown

Well, thats up to you. I'm just saying that to me it looks a little plain. Maybe spice up the middle a bit?
    Domain Software, LLC.

Originally posted by flitcher
    Well, thats up to you. I'm just saying that to me it looks a little plain. Maybe spice up the middle a bit?
    Ill keep this in mind, thanks for the comment
    Marcus Brown

One drawback is.. I cant see the thing.. IE 4.0

it was designed for 5.0+, why are you on a version dating back years ago? lol
    Marcus Brown

A lot of people still used older versions of software. Setting a static design is not always the best idea.
    Domain Software, LLC.

older versions
    Marcus Brown

Newer does not always constitute something as being better.

true, i was just making a joke=)

ill work somthing out, maybe for now ill just make a little page for the other browsers that state whats going on as well as having theogc.com's plans.
    Marcus Brown

www.dynamicdrive.com.

There's scripts on there that redirect the user based on what browser they have. Maybe you could have a design that's viewable on most browsers, and one specifically for IE5 surfers?

yeah, except the site that doesnt support the iframs wont be as fancy as the one thats on there now.
    Marcus Brown

Hello can i just say that the site is very good, there is one part of the whole concept however that i dont really think you should promote. 'OGC' is a counterstrike hack which is ruining gaming for alot of cs players out there, the fact that you are selling game servers and are promoting 'OGC' in your title would make me take my business elsewhere.

My 2p

yes, theogc.com has been around longer then the hack, trust me=)
    Marcus Brown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast