Register.com to shut down AfterNIC.com

Register.com to shut down AfterNIC.com, FINALLY:

http://news.google.com/news?q=afternic
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

and i paid whole $5 to open account with them...

Now if they'd shut down register.com

All their problems would be gone....

Never used afternic, never liked the concept of registrars also in secondary market, and don't like register.com. They have caused too much pain in transfers away.

RegisTRY in secondary market

>Incognito: ... never liked the concept of registrars also in secondary market

I guess you'll have to prepare for that since not only registrars but the REGISTRY itself (namely Verisign Registry) is thinking of tapping into the after-market.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Never liked anything about Verisign

And, yes, I have to put up with it....but I don't have to like it.

Afternic

Domain Software, LLC.

hehe, finally!

HAHA! Thats for ruining one of my domain transfers! I cursed a spell on them.

Edit:

So whos going to start the next domain market site?
    <<Please RTFM for signature setup>>

I paid them $10 for registration and get a lot of promotions... tsk.

Anyway, I now maintain my own domain auction.
    WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

I dont understand why register.com shut it down. Afternic seems to be a very profitable division for register (from the outside looking in), if they needed to shut down anything it was their registrar business.

Profitable?

>blob2: Afternic seems to be a very profitable

Actually not. AfterNIC.com has nested only $2,120 since the Labor Day long weekend by selling 19 names, not enough even for small businesses like mine!

http://www.afternic.com/index.cfm?a=...=all&range=res

hmm, didn't realize they were getting so little action.

I did check them out the other day and seemed like there wasn't too many domains listed. I couldn't find any domains within 15% of reserve.

-WC-

Re: Profitable?

Originally posted by nameslave
    >blob2: Afternic seems to be a very profitable

Actually not. AfterNIC.com has nested only $2,120 since the Labor Day long weekend by selling 19 names, not enough even for small businesses like mine!

http://www.afternic.com/index.cfm?a=...=all&range=res
    I agree with nameslave. Business in auction domains for afternic is not generating big revenue.

Though domain businessman/entrepreneurs like us still holding on and will be here...

Maybe if they dropped all the charges (like the signing up fee) and only charged on sales, they would of gotten more domains listed equaling more sales...

Who thinks Register.com will shut down namebargain.com?

We'll wait and see.