Question Are you sure Totallyhosted are alive ?

Support not answer to me.
    i got my account suspended without warning.

And now i'am stuck with a nice accont suspended and no answer from support desk.
    their board are down, their site are down...

It's only me or other customer on totallyosted have the same problem ?

Well, my account is up and running and I have ftp access, though I can't seem to access cpanel right now. Was your account activated before, or is it a new account? Mine's got set up in early september.

all I see when I go to http://totallyhosted.net/

The Totally Hosted site is down for maintinence, we will be back soon!
    phantasyworkshosting.com

Was up since 04 September.
    and suspended since yesturday without warning, and without information
    and i dunno why, because billing/support do not answer atm.

This doesn't sound good. (that's an understatement) You should start looking for backup and a new host.

Peter

(I don't know if this is allowed if it isn't, can a moderator blank out this post, please?) Blacky, I think THBen is here on this board under the same name. If it's allowed, maybe you can PM him through here?

You are fine (well, I am not a moderator, but I don't see how your post violate any rule).

It is rare for a host to take down the main site for maintence, suspend account without warning, and ignore client contact. Even if they come back, I would look for alternate options.

Peter

Outch. Yeah closed does not sound good. I hope that things will work out for you. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Look on the bright side.
    A down for maintenance page is better then an error 404.

i have sent yesterday a pm to THBen.

and no i can't backup my site because i don't have access to cpanel/email/ftp .

i have not check my mail atm, but my domain is always down

Just checking my email and no answer from support/account for all my ticket or from my pm.

i think it's time to move from totallyhosted

Just got an answer ... i thik this board are helping.

Hi,

The datacenter might have suspended your account so that the move to the new connections doesn’t corrupt your data. I will contact the datacenter and get back to you today.

Thanks

But next time just inform your customer...
    not wait and see if my domain are open today.

I just had a bad feeling about this so I bailed yesterday and transferred all my TH sites over to alphaomegahosting, who I have been very happy with since I signed up with them at the beginning of this month.

I got very suspicious when TH spammed me with an "oh wait, this is too good to be true/sign up for a year in advance" on the 20th of this month. Wasn't the 20th when they had some deadline to pay a designer?

Then there's that whole Ben/Sam evil twin theory dual identity thing. I have already had my fill of online dealings with little boys who take on multiple personalities in the hopes of appearing more professional...I don't want to deal with that again. And then there was the non-payment of a designer. Being an artist myself, had I known about this in advance, I would not have signed up with them in the 1st place. Unfortunately, I found out about that after I'd already become a customer.

Although I can access my CPanel, the link to the "Cancel Account" is a 404. Hmm.

The owner of TH is a known scammer, and has recently admitted what we all suspected for a few months: that he is Samuel Barr, of Scotland, though he was going under the new name of Ben Hawker (who, I believe, claimed to be from Canada). Who even knows if Samuel Barr is his real name, maybe it's Benjamin Barr or even Francios Delacroix for all we know.

Run.

the problem for me, it's i Can't do a backup of my domain (ftp and sql)
    all are suspended, and i can't access with my domain password...

and this is very sad !

A tip for you - google usually keep a cache of the sites they crawl. While that won't get you the SQL data, you can at least save the web site itself.

Also, if you are really desperate, *and* you have lost hope in totalhost, you can try to contact the upstream provider and see if they would retreive the files for you. A few hosts did help out the clients of EARHost when it went down.

Peter

Now it's great ....
    receive a mail since 2 hours
    Hello xxxxxxx,

Account No:- xx

Date: 2002/09/25

We are almost finished making all the changes to the server and connections.

I anticipate that the work will be completed within 30 minutes and we will again be 100% operational.

Thanks for your patience and here's to a stable future.

Thanks
    SAM
    And now 2 hours after ... my domain got nm Account suspended i got a nice cannot find server, and if i point directly with the ip i got a nice 404.

email not working, ftp login or password error ....
    and their site always "closed" ...

Very rough patch.
    TH is having troubles after rushing into new servers and stuff which now are getting changed and the datacenter closed the sites and stuff to sort it.
    New website, features, bandwidth all coming in the next month I here.
    Sites will be back as soon as possible.
    As for the rumours - no truth in them.

As for the rumours - no truth in them.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but they're true, they're validated by at least 10 people I know of (including myself) .... AND Samuel himself has admitted to them right here at WHT.

*sigh*

Well.... I guess I am a victim of TotallyHosed too.

My sites have been up and down for about 3 days that I know of... couldn't use CPanel..... can't get to any domain by name, but IP/~user still works.

I do see why no one can FTP, kill packages, or modify anything.... a quick check of the server stats show /usr is at 100%

I had 2 clients screaming at me and they ended up leaving... All I gotta say to TH is "Thanks for the F@&^ing heads up!" I should have known better when it took over a week to even sign me up.

Oh well.... dun dun dun.... another one bites the dust.

-Torn

Yes and the big F..... it's no one can't backup (sql/ftp)

And th homepage are down.
    ip/~user do a 404 error for me.

I had payed for 1 month with them and was kinda skeptical if I wanted to go another but readin this I wont be.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Careful

Samuel Barr from total hosts has cheated people in the past.

He is now getting his things straightened up. But be careful and think 10 times before you decide to use their services.

I will not recommend anyone to his unless he has paid in full what he owes to people.

Thanks and avoid another Timmay situation.
    SEO needed .. email or PM me.
    ----------------------------------------------

I can't believe that people are still using there services
    HostDogs.com
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]