DOS Attack....quick question.

I have a quick question....Would a DOS attack affect the bandwidth of the site that is being targeted or show in the logs?
    I still have a dedicated machine with CI you know who. Not after friday and they shut down one of my customers sites saying it was the target of a DOS attack....I have run the logs looked at bandwidth. This guys site gets so little traffic I could run in on a palm pilot. What would be the best way to confirm this?

Re: DOS Attack....quick question.

Originally posted by slsgod
    I have a quick question....Would a DOS attack affect the bandwidth of the site that is being targeted
    Yes!

Originally posted by slsgod

I still have a dedicated machine with CI you know who. Not after friday and they shut down one of my customers sites saying it was the target of a DOS attack....I have run the logs looked at bandwidth. This guys site gets so little traffic I could run in on a palm pilot. What would be the best way to confirm this?
    MRTG

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

Re: Re: DOS Attack....quick question.

Originally posted by aragon

MRTG
    Does anyone know of a similar tool for 2k Server?
    Not router stats but, simply the inbound and outbound totals of that computer in a graphical format?
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

perl -le '$_=`man perlfaq1`;print/"(j.*)"/'
    It's rare for a single website to fall victim to a DoS attack. However, one DoS is enough for us to cancel the account due to the rare circumstance of one user getting attacked. Most of the time, we cannot narrow it down to blame one person. It's just another annoyance. At least it's not as common as spam or there wouldn't be an Internet. A lot of times, providers will throw in any reason that sounds good and point the finger of blame at a random site due to their lack of packet topology. Was this site on its own IP address, or a named-based customer?
    Richard Ward
    1 NET LANE, LLC.
    http://www.1NL.net
    The low cost data center.

It was his own IP

I still have a dedicated machine with CI you know who.
    No - I don't know who. Who? Thank you sir.