Addventure is an interactive story that allows readers to add to the story themselves. It offers more than any other script I have found.
However, I can't get it to work on a RAQ4i. For all I know it will never work on a RAQ4i. All I know is that I don't have enough knowledge to get it to work.
I downloaded the Addventure files from http://www.addventure.com, not to mention the cgi-query and htmlgen files, extracted them all, edited Makefile to provide my own paths, and ran make. I got errors that I don't know how to fix.
I am hoping that someone here knows how to make this work. If wanted I will gather all the errors I got and post them.
It is in C, and it is giving me errors that, to me, make no sense. Things like "const char *" not being able to be used in place of "char *". The only one that makes sense is an implicit declaration error for a "UMASK( umask);" in one file. Of course, I also don't know anything about compiling in Linux, so there might be a flag I could specify to stop those errors.