Thread: spanish lessons

spanish lessons

There's always something to learn or to try, many times you need to say some phrase in Spanish, but you don't know how to say it. Don't worry, your problems have finished

For instance, we took from it some common phrases, just try and you're gonna see the difference and howeasy is speak Spanish

Boy as n r = Voy a cenar = I'm gonna have a dinner

N L C John = en el sillon = on the armchair

Be a hope and son = viejo panzon = fat old man

S toy tree stone = estoy triston = I'm kind a sad.

Lost trap eat toss = los trapitos = the little rags

Desk can saw = descanso = (you) rest.

As say toon as = aceitunas = olives.

The head the star mall less stan dough = deje de estar molestando = stop bugging me

See eye = si hay = yes we have

T n s free o? = tienes frio? = are you cold?

www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

N L C John = en el sillon = on the armchair

Should be

N L C Yon

double "L" is always pronounced with a "Y" sound... a "yuh" sound.

Actually if you pronounced any of those spanish phrases the way those are "spelled" out in English, you should like some down home country folk trying to read out of a spanish phrase book that's never spoke Spanish before... And they would look at you funny if you talked to them like that... hehe

You'd definitely be called a Gringo

me called gringo?

dude, im from mexico

if you spell it fast, sound ok in spanish
    www.rackfive.com

I prefer to not be called "dude"

If you say if fast, sure it sounds ok, but if you really want ppl to actually say it right, then you have to follow the pronouciation rules of spanish.

But I can just hear the average non speaking spanish white guy, "N..C..R...John" *with spanish phrase book in hand*

You know the type that I'm talking about

www.rackfive.com

There are a lot of difference in the pronunciation depending of where are you from, In Argentina, we pronounce the LL like "sh" and in other countries its pronounced like a "Y"
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

de que parte de argentina eres jedito?
    www.rackfive.com

Naci en Buenos Aires, pero vivo en Puerto Madryn desde hace 2 aņos .
    Vos de donde sos?
    (ahi hay otra diferencia, salvo en argentina y uruguay creo que no hay otro lugar donde digamos "vos" en vez de "tu").
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Naci en Buenos Aires, pero vivo en Puerto Madryn desde hace 2 aņos
    Is that saying "I am in Buenos Aires, but I live in Puerto Madryn and have for 2 years"?

Vos de donde sos?
    Is that asking where I am from?

BTW I've only taken 2 years of Spanish and haven't done so great in them both. hehe I had a test today on nationalities of people.
    Soy Estados Unitos

Originally posted by inogenius
    Naci en Buenos Aires, pero vivo en Puerto Madryn desde hace 2 aņos
    Is that saying "I am in Buenos Aires, but I live in Puerto Madryn and have for 2 years"?

Vos de donde sos?
    Is that asking where I am from?
    1st.) Its more like "I born in Buenos Airesl, but I had been living in Puerto Madryn for 2 years" (I guess, because my english its not that good ).

2nd) Yes, its "where are you from?"

The most common way that its used in spanish speakers countries its asking

"tu de donde eres?" but as I said, it depend of which country are the speaker from, because you wont hear in Argentina to anybody saying it in that way.

Originally posted by Jedito
    Naci en Buenos Aires, pero vivo en Puerto Madryn desde hace 2 aņos .
    Vos de donde sos?
    (ahi hay otra diferencia, salvo en argentina y uruguay creo que no hay otro lugar donde digamos "vos" en vez de "tu").
    yo naci y vivo en la ciudad de mexico

por cierto, creo que en espaņa tambien dicen "vos"
    www.rackfive.com