Here is something that will stun you all !!!

I have an account on a server that uses a .htaccess file to protect their directories. Funny thing is it logs in perfectly but the images don't load. What i mean is the .htaccess file is 100 % correct and it prompts for the user. Very well i log in but when i click on a link with images the .htm file won't load nor do any of the images.. I can't figure out why .. It seems the only one that loads is the members first area but any folders within that folder won't . There are no other .htaccess files so you would think it would be fine. The min i remove the .htaccess file it loads 100 % do i don't know what else to do. any ideas ?

Re: Here is something that will stun you all !!!

Originally posted by prelude2001c
    The min i remove the .htaccess file it loads 100 % do i don't know what else to do. any ideas ?
    I'm almost too stunned to type, but I'll try

Is this a frontpage site? Post the .htaccess file so we can get a look at it.

nah.. no frontpage .. all the .htaccess file has is :

AuthUserFile /home/username/public_html/ccbill/password/.htpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /dev/null
    AuthName Members
    AuthType Basic

<Limit GET POST>
    require valid-user

i'm clueless.. i have no idea what else to do.

hey hope this help.. it seems that all files in the members directory and images load just fine however if it is in the

members/another_folder/image.jpg doesnt work

ok have figured something out but i can't figure out how to fix it once and for all.. it seems that if i have

/home/username/www/members/.htaccess that members folder works but if i have members/bob/ the stuff in bob doesnt work. If i copy the .htaccess and put it in bob directory then it works too but isnt there a way that it will be recursive and it subfolders as well. This might be an apache issue but i dont know how to change it any ideas ?

ok.. i now understand that options followsymlinks is under the apache default but it doesnt work for some reason. Strangely enough it doesnt load sub-folders only folders that are within the main members section.