What type of hosting I need for using (A address)

Dear all,

I would like to enquiry what type of webhosting plan I need in order to use A Address or CName Pointing.

In my case, I have 4 domains, Now I am using shared web hosting but I has error when I try to using A address to point one of my newly registered domains.

Say if I wanted to hosting 4 domains in one account. What I can do now?

Ideally I want one hosting account and 3 domain using a address, is that possible?

Please give me advice. I want budgeted plan.

Thanks a lot

Regards
    PrimeDNR
    Last edited by PrimeDNR; 09-24-2002 at 04:03 AM.

You could always use a small volume reseller account which gives you DNS controls =]

domain aliaising

sounds like domain aliasing to me.
    its comes as part of ensim, so anyone offerring hosting using ensim should be able to help you out.

hope this helps
    http://www.boinghosting.com.au
    put the boing back into your site

You can park your 3 domains on top of your main domain, suppose domain1.com is your main domain if you want to park domain2.com, just add the following line to domain2.com's DNS db file (don't use A)

domain2.com IN CNAME domain1.com (1200)

No matter what type of hosting you're using, it still works.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Hi,

You can buy a reseller server plan foryour needs.

Have a nice day
    Signature edited. Please see Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks but how can I do it

Originally posted by NetworksData
    You can park your 3 domains on top of your main domain, suppose domain1.com is your main domain if you want to park domain2.com, just add the following line to domain2.com's DNS db file (don't use A)

domain2.com IN CNAME domain1.com (1200)

No matter what type of hosting you're using, it still works.
    I use doteasy.com free hosting for one of my webhosting.

I seems do not have access to the unix shell. Please kindly advice.

Many thanks!

PrimeDNR

But do they allow you to change DNS records (A, CNAME, MX etc)? If not, you can use free DNS services like Zoneedit.com or Secondary.com, they allow you to use web based interface to change CNAME record.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Most hosts using Plesk will allow you to control your own DNS entries through the control panel. If you wanted to point all the domains to the same site, it would be easiest to get a plan with a dedicated IP then upgrade to where you can add additional domains, then point those domains to your IP using Plesk. I don't think you can edit your own DNS in cpanel, but those of us who host with Plesk have this ability.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com

Originally posted by jw
    I don't think you can edit your own DNS in cpanel, but those of us who host with Plesk have this ability.
    Yeah, but it also has Parked Domain and Addon Domain feature and you can do the same as in Plesk. BTW, no dedicated IP is needed, just use CNAME and everything will be ok.
    AceWebHosting.Com