hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : Game Servers : Ranked EA server - how to get approval?

Forum Jump

Ranked EA server - how to get approval?

Reply Post New Thread In Game Servers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I'm looking for advice and help, I'm thinking of setting up a gameserver, initially for an EA game, but theres no point if I cant provide ranked servers.
I've read a lot of talk that EA are restricting or have stopped applications. Is it still possible to go about getting approval?
Does anyone know where and how to go about approaching EA?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 AM
The Master @ Making Deals!

I don't think EA will be approving anyone anytime soon, especially if you are not a very large and experienced company.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Community Liaison

Moved > Game Servers.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Sorry for wrong post placement.
Thats very annoying about the ranked issue, I'm looking at doing this primarily as an experiment and to help a clan out. Their current host isnt doing a good job and there seem to be no choices nearby for them.
So this applies to the likes of the game cp companies as well, none of the game servers provisionable via their software are ranked either or do any of them have an agreement with EA?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Design and Hosting Solutions

there would be no way of becoming a ranked provider without being already established, with a brand that carries some form of weight before application, and a way to assure EA of growth and support etc etc - similar type of setup as the ventrilo license program which is a shame :-) along with a number of other conditions like running a certain number of servers per ranked server etc.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

Yep, the only real way to get accepted is to be very well established, before the game even gets released.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

How ridiculously counter productive, the ability of more hosts providing ranked servers could only have improved the games popularity.
So this pretty much concludes the issue then. Thanks for the help folks.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Web Hosting Guru

The chances of yourself or just about any other person getting a Ranked License from EA is very very low. I think you have already reached that conclusion.
Which host have your clan friends been using that wasn't up to par?

Old 03-16-2009, 05:00 PM
WHT Addict

Trust me bud. Every time you will call EA and ask to speak someone in that department, you leave a message on a unknown voicemail, and you will never get a call back. Its seriously ridiculous! Spent a year back and forth trying to get one. really not work it bud. Sorry =/

Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I had a feeling that was the case jonbeard, I wonder if its ok to say creed3020? As its not me directly affected I dont want to go upsetting anyone. I'll PM the name to you.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 AM
The Master @ Making Deals!

Something you can do to host ranked servers for your clan is to rent a dedicated box from www.Hypernia.com
They are allowed by EA to authorize your servers on your dedicated box to be ranked servers but you must have your box through them.
Features:
• Full Desktop Access
• Unlimited Ranked Servers
• Unlimited Players
• Run all Games on a Single Machine

Old 03-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

could be a solution, its just the clan wanted NZ server specifically, partly because some members already suffer worse pings from south Island, and to have server in AUS they think it will significantly raise all their ping rates.
Is Hypernia well situated for comms to NZ?
Another possibility I was going to investigate was a datacenter best located for backbone links to NZ.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Web Hosting Guru

could be a solution, its just the clan wanted NZ server specifically, partly because some members already suffer worse pings from south Island, and to have server in AUS they think it will significantly raise all their ping rates.
Is Hypernia well situated for comms to NZ?
Another possibility I was going to investigate was a datacenter best located for backbone links to NZ.
Their new up and coming Sydney Australia dedicated servers should have good connectivity to NZ. Better off asking them just in case.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neXeon View Post
Something you can do to host ranked servers for your clan is to rent a dedicated box from www.Hypernia.com
They are allowed by EA to authorize your servers on your dedicated box to be ranked servers but you must have your box through them.
You and Hypernia are not allowed to resell ranked EA servers. You can try, you'll be paying for a very expensive unranked server.
Also that "unlimited" marketing just encourages overbooking of resources.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post
Sorry for wrong post placement.
Thats very annoying about the ranked issue, I'm looking at doing this primarily as an experiment and to help a clan out. Their current host isnt doing a good job and there seem to be no choices nearby for them.
You give the exact reason why no-one should give you the license. It's an experiment.... just for a clan.....
You should know how many of these requests they get a day. Every clan tries it, every small/new or amateur GSP tries to get it. Code gets leaked... Performance goes down with those oversellers trying to get to 20 cents a slot. Bad thinking.

Network Carriers: AMS-IX, LINX, DECIX, NL-ix PLIX, Level3, Cogent, Global Crossing, NTT.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
cout << m_subtitle;

Quote:
Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
You should know how many of these requests they get a day. Every clan tries it, every small/new or amateur GSP tries to get it. Code gets leaked... Performance goes down with those oversellers trying to get to 20 cents a slot. Bad thinking.
Indeed,
this is also a good example what Ventrilo wants to prevent with their strict license distrubution. It just becomes a world of undercutting, bad support & crying customers.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Twitter Ranked as the Most Trusted Website As Trust Continues to Remain Too Scarce Online Web Hosting News 2014-06-12 15:39:09
Carpathia Forms Federal Advisory Council to Improve Government Cloud Solutions Web Hosting News 2014-02-28 11:35:21
IBM SmartCloud for Government Gets FedRAMP Approval Web Hosting News 2013-11-08 12:13:04
eleven Email Security Report Finds European Countries Top Spam Senders in October, November Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:22:32
Web Hosts, IT Services Featured in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Companies Web Hosting News 2012-11-19 15:34:51