Where to get a good AMD server?

I have been looking into getting another server for my upcoming reseller packages but cannot seem to find a decent AMD 2000+ server. Are there any place to get these. All I see are P4 which I dont want. Thanks.

Chris
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Why not a P4 ?

The only advantage you get with AMD VS Intel is price, and thats not a bug thing when comparing servers anyways

I have P4's now and have seen an AMD in action and like the way it runs a little better. You are right there is no real difference besides price.... Its a personal preference.
    Jamie

penguincomputing.com among others. AMD Athlons really shine in multi-cpu configurations, especially when doing real time audio or video encoding. Price is definitely a factor for most companies.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Ok I have found the best way and that is to build my own so here is the configuration of my new reseller server.....

AMD Athlon 1900+
    512 MB Crucial DDR 2100
    (2) 80 GB 7200rpm Seagate drives
    Asus motherboard
    Jamie

That's a decent server. Are the drives in a RAID config? If not, the second drive might be overkill. You'll run out of RAM long before you fill an 80GB hard drive.

That processor should be able to handle tens of millions of requests a day, though.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Good choice of a mobo though

(I would make sure you choose a server mobo if possible though and if you want to rack it, make sure it fits and has no heat iussues)

I agree AMD usualy runs hotter then P4's so I would be sure it has no heat issues also you would be better off with 60 gigs drives and 1 gig ram.

http://www.qsol.com is our favored server vendor and they offer some AMD configurations
    John Masterson
    Former Hosting Company Owner

I just bought five rackmount servers from these guys. So far, so good...

http://www.online-spectrum.com/rack_sys/rMPseries.htm
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I would have to second Qsol. Their machines have been nothing but fantasic and their support is great.

With almost 2 full racks of 1U machines, we've only had issues with 2 machines which came from the same batch.

We also have many dual AMD Athlon XP/MP machines. They will smoke a dual P3 any day as well as a dual Xeon.

Give Joe a call @ 800.933.7510 x 106 for server pricing/ordering. He'll get you hooked up.

radv: I would change that RAM to DDR 2700 for better performance.
    [SIZE=1]Main Rig: Leadtek nForce2 Ultra Delux | [email protected] | 512MB Corsair XMS3200 | GeForce Ti4200 [email protected]/610 | 2*120GB WD SE HD
    Shuttle Rig: Shuttle SN41G2B Black | [email protected] | 512MB Samsung PC2700 | ATi Radeon 8500 64MB | 120GB Seagate Barracuda V HD
    Total Gamer Network Network Founder