Thread: WHM IE6 bug...

WHM IE6 bug...

Trying to unreserve IPs on WHM 5.0.0 -

My IE 6 doesn't process the form at "Show/Edit Reserved Ips".

You tick the IP you want freed up and then press the "Save" and nothing happens. I have to use Netscape.

Anyone else noticed this?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I submitted a ticket regarding this a week or so ago. Looks like ill have to download netscape just for this purpose.. grrr.

Hmm, now that I installed nutscrape, when I entered WHM I told it to save the cert as I didn't want to see the window pop up each time. Now I can't log back in, it comes up with this massage saying "server.domain.com received a message with incorrect Message Authentication Code... yada yada blah blah blah"

I tried going into edit > preferances > Privacy & Security > Certificates > Manage Certificates. Then I clicked the "Web Sites" tab and tried to remove the entry for the server. I got a popup saying are you sure, yada yada. I click Ok, and nothing happens. Tried it over and over, tried closing and opening the browser, yet nothing. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Originally posted by Haze
    nutscrape
    Sheeeesh!!! I read that and laughed so hard I spat coffee all over my laptop! Jeeeezzzz....

Originally posted by creativ

Sheeeesh!!! I read that and laughed so hard I spat coffee all over my laptop! Jeeeezzzz....
    LOL. In that case I should add this:

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for damage of goods due to projectile nose / mouth excretions caused by reading the above reply.

never heard of nutscrape?

Been out for ages

I tried going into edit > preferances > Privacy & Security > Certificates > Manage Certificates. Then I clicked the "Web Sites" tab and tried to remove the entry for the server. I got a popup saying are you sure, yada yada. I click Ok, and nothing happens. Tried it over and over, tried closing and opening the browser, yet nothing. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
    Short term fix (Maybe) ... install Opera
    Last edited by StevenG; 09-24-2002 at 09:39 PM.

Originally posted by Dotcomsnz

Short term fix... install Opera
    Do you know for a fact that it works in opera?

Do you know for a fact that it works in opera?
    Not for a fact regarding your particular problem, but it did fix the install SSL cert feature and other problems with IE (As did installing nutscrape)
    last year or earlier this year.. maybe worth a try - I edited the post to reflect "May" fix it
    Last edited by StevenG; 09-24-2002 at 09:45 PM.

Originally posted by Dotcomsnz

Not for a fact regarding your particular problem, but it did fix the install SSL cert feature that had problems with IE last year or earlier this year.. maybe worth a try - I edited the post to reflect "May" fix it
    Any idea how big the file size is? I might try it out, Im just almost out of bandwidth for the month.

Telstra and its stupid bandwidth limits/

11 MB for Java and 3.4MB for no Java

http://www.opera.com/download/

Works fine in Opera.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Works fine in Opera.
    Opera has troubles with choosing a newly created domain and giving it reseller privilges. You give the domain reseller privileges and then go to edit the reseller domain. It then fails to appear in the domain list that has reseller privileges. Have to use a combination of browsers just to setup accounts.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Yeah just have them all and use each one for different tasks

Hi

netscape 3.0 gold, netscape 4.78, netscape 6, IE 6 and Opera is what i use in combination to get all things right..

sometimes, only my netscape 3.0 gold can refresh a page that is cached in the ISP and all else show the same page.

even got netcaptor and crazy browser, so that I can keep a tabbed windows for various WHM and Cpanels .. and this thread..

Experienced OpenStack Admin For Hire
    regular as admin0 on freenode IRC on #openstack and #openstack-ansible channels

Ah the joys of the browser wars. The one application that there really only needs to be one of, and none of the existing products that I'm aware of are that "one" In failing to be standards compliant and in adding their own gadgets and gizmos Netscape and IE have done more damage than good over all I think.

Why use Netscape

Please use Mozilla, better then Opera, IE, Netscape etc :p

(Yes I know netscape is based on Mozilla....)
    Luke
    oh yeah...

Originally posted by Warp
    Why use Netscape

Please use Mozilla, better then Opera, IE, Netscape etc :p

(Yes I know netscape is based on Mozilla....)
    Here goes the bandwidth meter again. Do you know if the save IP feature works in Mozilla? Also, what does Mozilla got that opera or netscape don't?