Question I bought a .psd website template, whats the best way to slice it into html?

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to learn how to do this myself, thanks in advance.

Troy, Missouri USA
    It is a Photoshop format but many programs can open it. I prefer Fireworks MX and it has a free 30day trial too.

If you have Adobe Photoshop then you can goto:
    File -> Slice Image (or something similar)

Then you can slice it yourself or have Adobe slice it into equal pieces. This can all be done assuming you have Photoshop. If not then I recommend doing what sitekeeper said.
    Domain Software, LLC.

I have an older photoshop version 5, but I most recently purchased PSP 7 for Win XP.

Actually, I just found a tutorial on the web, thanks.

I've always used Fireworks for splitting images(it also makes the HTML). Adobe has recently redone imageready so it can do the same thing.

Tacoma, Washington
    Imageready now does an excellent job of slicing images. I used to use Fireworks myself to cut up images, but was never too happy with the code bloat. Adobe really do seem to be getting this whole internet things down well now

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

United Kingdom
    I use Photoshop 7.0 - Brilliant piece of software, and doesn't take too long to get the hang of!
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website