support diginode.net: host name lookup failure

Hello forum,

Earlier today I sent a support request to support at diginode.net as my VDS seemed to be unreachable - and it is unaccessible, still.

Now I receive an email from the local mailer daemon that my email could not be delivered:
    support at diginode.net... Deferred: mail <dot> diginode <dot> net.: Name server: mail <dot> diginode <dot> net.: host name lookup failure
    Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
    Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Anybody knows what's going on there?

I'm in Europe, they are in Canada, and anyway, they do not display a phone number on their site - no chances of calling them.

Thanks for any input.

rdx.

whois.opensrs.net
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.
    http://www.burtonhosting.com
    http://www.getmesupport.com - server monitoring service for all!

BurtonHost:

Thanks for posting. I hope that the issue will be sorted out soon, and I'll not have to call them.

Any other diginode customers here? Are your servers affected?

Thanks.

rdx.

Have you heard back yet?

Hi rdx,
    I've got problems as well with my site - unable to get to it via http, ftp, pop, or telnet/ssl

I've mailed them 4 hours ago, then 2 hours ago, and just a few minutes ago, but no response yet. (and no bounced mails).

Have you had a response from diginode yet?

Regards,
    Andy

Hello Andy,

I sent my last email to their support address about 2 hours ago. I'm a little bit afraid that the local mailer daemon will report problem with this one, too.

About 30 minutes ago I sent them an email using this forum's email feature. Maybe this would reach them, I dunno.

Maybe they are experiencing problems and even fighting it. I've seen this with my previous host.

What I don't understand is that why they don't post a message on their website informing customers about the problems. This would save them from receiving tons of support requests, at least.

Fingers crossed for us poor guys.

rdx.

ok, just for the record: diginode sent an email about the problems, probably to affected clients:

Subject: Urgent! Sever down

Hi,

Due to our server kernel failure, the server was down right now.
    We will get it back online as soon as possible, if there is any question,
    <snip>

hope they'll resolve it soon.

rdx.

Hi,
    I just got that as well. Let's hope our data is OK!

Andy

Hi all customers,

We are experieing a kernel failure on one of our servers. This may affect some of our customers, we are apologied for the downtime and our email support since the crashed server is our email server. If anyone who wants to contact us, you can leave email at [email protected] from the time being. We will do our best to get the server up ASAP.

Thx.
    Diginode Networks Support.

Hi all customers,

The server is up, please check to see is everything ok, Sorry for the inconvinence.

Thx.
    Diginode Networks.

thanks

Dear Diginode,

It's great that the server is up again. I'm happy to realize that no data were lost. Thank you for your hard work!

rdx.

Same here - many thanks,
    Andy