Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Science doesnt explain alot.

Eg.

1. Why are we here?
    2. What created us, if you say the 'big boom' or something, what created everything to make that happen.

and just more questions like that, where and when something started. Did 'life' start unlimited years ago?
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

add to your list "Where Is The Universe?"
    nobody knows, its the unknown, people can only guess.

Is it real? is every personal perception of the world their own mind making everything real?

This is my world, im the person that made you all, i invented the entire world as it stands now, maybe im in a big computer game with a 80 year game span, it ends and ill wake up again...

maybe its not, at the moment, everything has to be somewhere everything has its place, in that reality, where is the universe? its the only thing we really dont have a location for, and you guessed it, that scares alot of people...
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting™

Man I want to live forever untill human kind can figure it out.
    Vinh,
    ShockHost - host me up scotty
    http://www.ShockHost.com
    (Coming soon to a world near you next month)

the question is, are we meant to figure it out? look how far away all the planets are, look how far we can travel and look how far it is.

personally i think the answer is here on earth, i think the answer is everywhere around us, maybe its the way we think about things maybe time doesnt exist. read something scary here:

http://www.delusionresistance.org/cr..._universe.html

Originally posted by ShockHost
    Man I want to live forever untill human kind can figure it out.
    Perhaps you need to die before you figure it out?

Anyone remember the ending of Men in Black?

^Interesting read, but it sounds as if the person is out to just confuse people. Especially the concept of the page... trying to prove that a theory never happened. After all, the easiest mind to fool is the educated one
    Last edited by XTStrike; 09-23-2002 at 09:32 AM.
    I want to speak to the owner of the internet!

Originally posted by Xandra

^Interesting read, but it sounds as if the person is out to just confuse people. Especially the concept of the page... trying to prove that a theory never happened. After all, the easiest mind to fool is the educated one
    I have to agree with you on the article, I posted the link after reading the first half.

So.. if the universe suddenly appeared... I could make a whole DC appear...

Originally posted by Darth
    So.. if the universe suddenly appeared... I could make a whole DC appear...
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Interesting question. A question similar to this was posed on answers.google.com, except the question was how long before humans become extinct. It was actually proposed with the authors own ideas and then debated between him and the "Google Expert". It was actually quite interesting. It's long so if you have the time I recommend reading it:

https://answers.google.com/answers/m...dview&id=44007
    Domain Software, LLC.

This sounds like the kind of thread to engage in when you're (a) drunk or (b) stoned. I am neither so I will slowly back out of this thread......
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Greetings:

The answers to both questions can be found in the Bible.

Monty Python had the answers in the meaning of life.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
    That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.
    The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
    Are moving at a million miles a day
    In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
    Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
    It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
    But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
    We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
    We go 'round every two hundred million years,
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
    In all of the directions it can whizz
    As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
    Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
    So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Free servers whoo hoo!

I wouldnt bother with the bible.

We are here because the earth (luckily for us) is in just the right place for us to survive in just the right conditions. If it was anywhere else, we wouldnt have evolved/survived into what we are today.

Regards
    James

Originally posted by jeellison

We are here because the earth (luckily for us) is in just the right place for us to survive in just the right conditions. If it was anywhere else, we wouldnt have evolved/survived into what we are today.

Regards
    James
    I wouldn't write off any literature, beit Darwin or ancient texts.

surely everyone knows the answer to the life the universe and everything is 42

surely everyone knows the answer to the life the universe and everything is 42

Good book.
    Domain Software, LLC.

Regards
    James
    Seems a bit more than luck to me Quite a large coincidence.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

I think about this stuff alot, its glad to see other people do as well.

Where is the universe, and where does it end?
    Why are we here?
    Why is there even anything?
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Science isn't there to explain why.
    Science is there to explain how.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Originally posted by vigor
    I wish I had a warp engine that'd let me go to the end of the universe in a few weeks.
    -Mooneer

Regards
    James
    What we are today.......we could be anything if we were 'born' on another planet, we could look like those aliens out of 'Aliens'.
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    Play in your spare time!

Oh, and another thing. You most will all know that you cant just grab atoms from thin air, but how did they come about to make up everything?
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    Play in your spare time!

Originally posted by mind21_98
    I wish I had a warp engine that'd let me go to the end of the universe in a few weeks.
    IMO, no such thing as "the end of the universe". What's there where there's no universe? A big wall or something?? "UNIVERSE ENDS HERE - GO BACK!!"

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

IMO, no such thing as "the end of the universe". What's there where there's no universe? A big wall or something?? "UNIVERSE ENDS HERE - GO BACK!!"
    There's an Internet wall, like on the Verizon commercial.
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by vigor
    I think about this stuff alot, its glad to see other people do as well.

Why are we here?
    Why is there even anything?
    You know... I solved those questions a couple days ago, and ironically my dog ate the sheet of paper.

Regards
    James
    Actually the answers are in the bible if you truly give God a chance.

To your comments I have to say. How exactly do you think the earth is in just the right place for us to survive in just the right conditions.

But even then lets suppose that it just happened as you want to believe. I have personally never witnessed a few atoms just coming together in such a way to create a living cell. I mean I think that would REALLY make the news don't you. Something had to make that happen. So at best you have to at least admit there is a higher power.

And that brings me to my very easy answer. God did it...

Regards,
    Michael
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

If your into cartoons here is Yakko's Universe:

Everybody lives on a street in a city or a village or a town, for what it's worth
    And they're all inside a country, which is part of a continent that sits upon a planet known as Earth
    And the Earth is a ball full of oceans and some mountains, which is out there spinning silently in space
    And living on that Earth are the plants and the animals and also the entire human race

It's a great big universe, and we're all really puny, we're just tiny little specks about the size of Mickey Rooney
    It's big and black and inky, and we are small and dinky
    It's a great big universe and we're not

And we're part of a vast interplanetary system stretching seven hundred billion miles long
    With nine planets and a sun, we think the Earth's the only one that has life on it, although we could be wrong
    Across the interstellar voids are a billion asteriods, including meteors and Halley's comet too
    And there's over fifty moons floating out there like balloons in a panoramic trillion-mile view!

And still it's all a speck amid a hundred billion stars, in a galaxy we call the Milky Way
    It's sixty thousand trillion miles from one end to the other, and still that's just a fraction of the way
    Cause there's a hundred billion galaxies that stretch across the sky, filled with constellations, planets, moons, and stars
    And still the universe extends to a place that never ends, which is maybe just inside a little jar!

It's a great big universe, and we're all really puny, we're just tiny little specks about the size of Mickey Rooney
    Though we don't know how it got here, we're an important part here, it's a big universe and it's ours.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Without diving into a religious battle here,

Funny thing about religion, it can't be proven nor can it be disproven because it is a belief. There is no concrete evidence like science can determine.

And one more thing (Everyone's gonna hate me for this comment...)

Only Humans could have possibly come up with the idea that a God made us in his own image. Couple this with the belief that for the longest time the Earth was the center of the Universe
    =
    EGO.

But that is just my opinion please don't anyone take it personally.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Originally posted by Rewdog

Seems a bit more than luck to me Quite a large coincidence.
    Look at the amount of stars there are, look how many planets there are, not just in out solar system but the whole Universe. Obviously somewhere in the mass of all these stars their is going to be planets that are just at the right distance from their sun to create the right sort of atmosphere where beings can live.

Originally posted by michaeln

Actually the answers are in the bible if you truly give God a chance.

To your comments I have to say. How exactly do you think the earth is in just the right place for us to survive in just the right conditions.

But even then lets suppose that it just happened as you want to believe. I have personally never witnessed a few atoms just coming together in such a way to create a living cell. I mean I think that would REALLY make the news don't you. Something had to make that happen. So at best you have to at least admit there is a higher power.

And that brings me to my very easy answer. God did it...

When I say it is in just the right place, I mean at the right distance from our sun so that the atmosphere is not too cold, not too hot etc etc.

I do like the way you wink at the end of the 'God did it' though My thoughts exactly.

The bible obviously doesnt contain the answers but more fairy tale stories and ambiguous statements. (Not meant to sound too harsh, I just dont buy all this God stuff, heaven, walking on water stuff)

There a thought, he walked on water, therefor gravity didnt affect him at all, and he had a basin like head (spacesuit). Yes he was spaceman.

PMed the person instead....
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Greetings:

"I wouldnt bother with the bible.

We are here because the earth (luckily for us) is in just the right place for us to survive in just the right conditions. If it was anywhere else, we wouldnt have evolved/survived into what we are today."

Please do your home work <smile>.

From a chronological perspective as it relates to historical events, and an archeological perspective, the Bible has yet to be disproven. From the archeological findings proving there were indeed five cities in the plains (Sodom, Gomorah <spelling>) and others) to King Neb. in Babylon's existence to his seven year period of illness to Jesus and to the foundation of His church.

No other book has been used to promote archeology and historical findings; and, no other book has proven to be accurate based on such research by historians and archeologists.

Futhermore, the chance that luck of the draw would create life is so infintesimal it is a joke.

One chemist has calculated the immense odds against amino acids ever combining to form the necessary proteins by undirected means. He estimated the probability to be more than 10 to the 67th to 1 (1067:1) against even a small protein forming – by time and chance, in an ideal mixture of chemicals, in an ideal atmosphere, and given up to 100 billion years (an age 10 to 20 times greater than the supposed age of the Earth).

Mathematicians generally agree that, statistically, any odds beyond 1 in 10 to the 50th (1:1050) have a zero probability of ever happening ("and even that gives it the benefit of the doubt!").

Various highly qualified researchers feel they have scientifically proved, beyond question, that the proteins needed for life could never have come into existence by chance or any natural processes

Other notes of importance:

Chemist Dr. Grebe ==> "That organic evolution could account for the complex forms of life in the past and the present has long since been abandoned by men who grasp the importance of the DNA genetic code."

Researcher and mathematician I.L. Cohen ==> "At that moment, when the the DNA/RNA system became understood, the debate between Evolutionists and Creationists should have come to a screeching halt. ...the implications of the DNA/RNA were obvious and clear. Mathematically speaking, based on probability concepts, there is no possibility that Evolution was the mechanism that created the approximately 6,000,000 species of plants and animals we recognize today."

Thank you.

In an infinate universe the odds dont matter. There is a chance for anything to happen.

Greetings:

I guess you didn't read my post:

"Various highly qualified researchers feel they have scientifically proved, beyond question, that the proteins needed for life could never have come into existence by chance or any natural processes."

==

From my personal life experiences very few peoeple will take the time to do their home work.

They will base their statements, logic (or lack of it), etc. based on memories that are sometimes decades old.

Rarely will they read up on various issues (especially issues like this issue) to refresh their memories, to see other points of view, etc.

Very often, no home work is done. Very often, the memories are old enough that they don't contain valid information any more <smile>.

Do your home work on the subject matter. Then you can have a meaningful discussion <smile>.

Thank you.

But it is true that in a infinate universe there are infinate chances for anything to happen, so therefore everything that can happen will happen. Very wierd, and it requires you to get your head round the idea of infinate - which we can't do very well

Greetings:

Scientists are still debating whether or not the universe is fixed in size or infinite.

So, again, please do your home work.

Furthermore, while there is much debate as to the age of the universe, in which there was time for things to take place, there is much evidence for a young Earth (less than 11,000 years old).

So, unless you do your home work and start providing evidence for your statements, you come off as being unintelligent <smile>.

Thank you.

I merely said that in a infinate universe there are infinate chances - not that we live in an infinate universe

Dude, stop telling us to 'do our homework'

Glad you get me on the whole infinate universe thing Soulfish..

As your all buffed up on 'these issues' Mr.dynamicnet you will have read about the scientests who have recently found new evidence that amino acids can form in comets and asteroids and what not. and the actual chemical process leading to life may have occured alswhere. (obviously this does not prove the matter, things like this just seem to make more sence)

Regards

Young earth? What about carbon dating? Now thats not always the best method for calculating the age of an element because some living animals have been carbon dated to be a couple thousand years old. But, what about the other carbon datings that show certain fossils to be millions of years old? Surely we can't be off by a couple million, can we?
    Domain Software, LLC.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast