How much inspiration is too much inspiration?

I've seen some bad rips.. but whatcha think about this one?
    http://www.emegaweb.net/
    http://www.furyhost.com

Furyhost pretty much recreated the whole site.. The main thing I have a problem with is the Plan names and descriptions being the same:
    http://www.emegaweb.net/jumpstart.htm
    http://www.furyhost.com/jumpstart.asp

A bit similar eh
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

I think you're just jealous because they display the Hosting Assured banner.

Besides; their plans are cheaper.

And they're a .com.

And . . . . .

Well . . . . .

They're lazy and have found ways to deal with that.

And . . . .

Well . . . .

Uhh . . . .

That's about all I can think of for now.

Maybe when they've been around another five weeks or so, they'll have someone else's content.

There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

We have the .com as well, just click on hosting

That sucks

Our site is hosted by FuryHost.com and we recently recieved an email that basically said that the design department had screwed up and had jacked eMegaWeb.net's layout and that the admin (Brett) was sorry and it was unacceptable for their crew to do that. He is aware that their site is a rip of emegaweb's and said that they are in the process of a new fresh design that Brett himself is doing and it should be up within about another week.

(Of course he did now say "Jacked" or anything. I am just paraphrasing)

Anyway just thought you'd like to know that they are aware of it and changing it. Now how many hosts do you know that have the dignity to inform their users that their site is a copy? Not many that i can think of. I give props to them to having the balls to put it in the open and acknowledge their wrong.

Peace.

TrashMAN
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-21-2002 at 10:25 AM.

Originally posted by TrashMAN
    Our site is hosted by FuryHost.com and we recently recieved an email that basically said that the design department had screwed up and had jacked eMegaWeb.net's layout and that the admin (Brett) was sorry and it was unacceptable for their crew to do that. He is aware that their site is a rip of emegaweb's and said that they are in the process of a new fresh design that Brett himself is doing and it should be up within about another week.

(Of course he did now say "Jacked" or anything. I am just paraphrasing)

Anyway just thought you'd like to know that they are aware of it and changing it. Now how many hosts do you know that have the dignity to inform their users that their site is a copy? Not many that i can think of. I give props to them to having the balls to put it in the open and acknowledge their wrong.

Peace.

TrashMAN

Uhhhmmm...how righteous they are! Surely if they had not stollen somebody elses property in the first place...they would not have to display this noble streak. SHARK springs to mind.

Simon

Obviously TrashMAN is only joined WHT to post on behalf of furryhost. (Or else TrashMAN is actually furryHost himself.)
    Think about it. Who would have the ability to check furry's stats and follow the link back to this thread?
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

How much inspiration is too much inspiration?
    As long as there's 95% perspiration first, it doesn't matter to me.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Just as an FYI: I confronted the guy about it, and he said it would be changed by thursday. I thought he would, but it erked me that it was a day later and still no change so I posted. I even suggested some web hosting templates he could get for cheap

Originally posted by ATST
    Obviously TrashMAN is only joined WHT to post on behalf of furryhost. (Or else TrashMAN is actually furryHost himself.)
    Think about it. Who would have the ability to check furry's stats and follow the link back to this thread?
    Just because he lives in the same city as the owner of furyhost; that proves nothing.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Maybe Rewdog you should ask him the progress of the new site?

lol trashman do oyu have anything to do with furyhost like you own them or something? besides the fact they host you....lol
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com