WHT Moderators, biased?

I have become amazed at how some of the moderators at WHT, always delete/close the TimPD threads. What is that all about? Most every thread that involves his is closed. Why do the moderators have some sort of biased towards him? He made an agreement with XTStrike, that he did not fulfill, and he was banned. And now, he is back and he is posting again... This thread will also probably be closed or deleted at Tim's request. It seems as though Tim has some sort of power, and can decide which threads he wants open and which threads he wants deleted...

lol

Why *shouldn't* they be closed/deleted?
    We've heard about enough; haven't we?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

no they aren't biased...

i think the threads are closed primarily because they just blow up into a 20 page thread of nonsense in about 5 minutes.

check the main forum's for Rk's thread...2 pages in about an hour that covers an issue that could have been handled off forums, yet both chickensteak and rk continued to argue here...that is unneccessary. same with timmys threads - many included posts that should be handled off forums (where is my money? when am i gonna get my money? etc)

edit: rk's thread was started 7:48pm central, closed by bc at 8:11pm...23 minutes, 2 pages...what a waste of bc's time. you guys should be embarrassed at your childlike manners

the recent thread was probably closed because of the same reason...5 pages in only a matter of a couple of hours...

timmy and paradise designs have been banned and there is no reason to keep threads that were started by him or a member of his staff

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Why *shouldn't* they be closed/deleted?
    We've heard about enough; haven't we?
    We have, but people come to these forums, to learn about other companies, that they may be interested. Everyone should have the right to know and learn about his business practices...

Originally posted by akash
    no they aren't biased...

i think the threads are closed primarily because they just blow up into a 20 page thread of nonsense in about 5 minutes.

check the main forum's for Rk's thread...2 pages in about an hour that covers an issue that could have been handled off forums...

the recent thread was probably closed because of the same reason...5 pages in only a matter of a couple of hours...

timmy and paradise designs have been banned and there is no reason to keep threads that were started by him or a member of his staff
    Exactly, he WAS. What happened now? Why can he post again?

Originally posted by iamdave
    Exactly, he WAS. What happened now? Why can he post again?
    proxies? he could have amiddle man...

proxies? he could have amiddle man...
    Possibly, but the moderators know who it is, and they can ban his IP again. They deleted the thread he started, so they know he posted. But they haven't banned him...

You really think you could block all the proxies available?
    All you can do is, if you see something that looks like a banned member; report it and let a mod handle it.

And that username seems to be in the banned member's group to me.

They have banned him...

But it isn't too difficult to return under another name, using another ip or proxy address....

However, Timmah may not realize that after warnings, harassment on the internet as in continuing to post on a forum from which you have been banned can be a federal offense.

The moderators have tried to be patient with a child. However, it appears that just doesn't work. Meanwhile, our prodigy is out scamming a new group of customers and building another loyal group of followers.

Re: WHT Moderators, biased?

. . . . .... This thread will also probably be closed or deleted at Tim's request. . . . . .
    Well I would suspect you're correct. However, it likely will not be over Tim's request. But, rather the nature in it's intent.
    If you have a problem with the way this forum is moderated; why not contact the moderators instead of starting a thead that isn't going to solve things for you one way or the other?

The title of this thread is rude, at best.

Re: Re: WHT Moderators, biased?

Well I would suspect you're correct. However, it likely will not be over Tim's request. But, rather the nature in it's intent.
    If you have a problem with the way this forum is moderated; why not contact the moderators instead of starting a thead that isn't going to solve things for you one way or the other?
    It is an open discussion, and I am entitled to post or open threads about whatever I see fit, as long as they aren't offensive or break forum rules.

The title of this thread is rude, at best.
    How is the title rude? I specificlly put a question mark, so that I do not imply anything...

Why do the moderators have some sort of biased towards him?
    That might offend a couple of the mods as you are accusing of them being biased when they most certainly are not (they have no reason to be) - it surely would offend me if i was one and would probably close (not delete) this thread....

if you had said "I think the mods are biased because....what do you think?" that might live a little...

but as SWR said you should try to handle this directly with the mods if you feel so strongly about it.

Sigh. It's going to blow up into a 20 page thread like akash was talking about.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

That might offend a couple of the mods as you are accusing of them being biased when they most certainly are not (they have no reason to be) - it surely would offend me if i was one and would probably close (not delete) this thread....

if you had said "I think the mods are biased because....what do you think?" that might live a little...

but as SWR said you should try to handle this directly with the mods if you feel so strongly about it.
    I wasn't trying to offend a mod. If the moderators weren['t biased, they would have shut down the thread when Timmy first posted it. And they knew he posted it, because they moved it from one Forum to another...

Originally posted by mind21_98
    Sigh. It's going to blow up into a 20 page thread like akash was talking about.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

timmy is posting again? if so links?!!? i haven't seen him on here since he got banned...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

He posted under another nick, I think something like WeWillSurvive, the post is now gone I guess....
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

WeStillAlive..thread deleted after about 6 or 7 pages i think

WeStillAlive..thread deleted after about 6 or 7 pages i think
    Oh, that's who he is then? He got a custom title at only 14 posts. B*****d!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Because some people like a certain signal to noise ratio without having to wade through a bunch of crap.

Originally posted by mind21_98

Oh, that's who he is then? He got a custom title at only 14 posts. B*****d!
    I'm confused...he had a custom title?

Yes

He has the " - " title

Yes

He has the " - " title

ah...the ever popular abbreviation for "I'm banned cause I'm a *****"....

I have become amazed at how some of the moderators at WHT, always delete/close the TimPD threads. What is that all about? Most every thread that involves his is closed. Why do the moderators have some sort of biased towards him? He made an agreement with XTStrike, that he did not fulfill, and he was banned. And now, he is back and he is posting again... This thread will also probably be closed or deleted at Tim's request. It seems as though Tim has some sort of power, and can decide which threads he wants open and which threads he wants deleted...
    First, threads are closed based on their individual problems. If a certain topic always seems to get closed, then that topic always seems to have problematic threads. That is the coincidence.

You may be speaking in the past, as quite a few about him were closed, however as far as I know he is banned, thus any thread about him, wouldn't involve him.

Tim often requests that threads be closed or removed, and we don't close a thread to satisfy that request. I read it, determine if it should be closed, and onnly close it when that time comes.

Are we biased? Well, we're human, we have opinions, we make judgements, etc. Do I favor Tim in any respect? I don't know why I would. If a thread is ok (even close) it gets left alone, even if fiesty. But at a certain point, threads do get closed for various reasons. One of which is not due to anyone requesting that it be closed, especially if they are the topic and there's a problem.

On another note, no emails in the mod box about this, and if you have a question or comment, it would be better to contact us first (off board) to resolve any issue you have.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

And now, he is back and he is posting again...
    Is TimPD back and really posting again under a new username? I suppose there's nothing stopping him. Can anyone clarify this?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

I suppose all the chatter about it doesn't help, Bob?

There is a member name used by him that was mentioned in this thread. But, it only has one post left associated with it.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Is TimPD back and really posting again under a new username? I suppose there's nothing stopping him. Can anyone clarify this?
    Yes he was back and posting about how Earhost would survive etc etc...

I was one of the ones asking the mods to close and remove the thread, I think it nor Timmy have any business on WHT, the mods did the right thing by removing that thread.

Originally posted by Chicken

First, threads are closed based on their individual problems. If a certain topic always seems to get closed, then that topic always seems to have problematic threads. That is the coincidence.

You may be speaking in the past, as quite a few about him were closed, however as far as I know he is banned, thus any thread about him, wouldn't involve him.

Tim often requests that threads be closed or removed, and we don't close a thread to satisfy that request. I read it, determine if it should be closed, and onnly close it when that time comes.

Are we biased? Well, we're human, we have opinions, we make judgements, etc. Do I favor Tim in any respect? I don't know why I would. If a thread is ok (even close) it gets left alone, even if fiesty. But at a certain point, threads do get closed for various reasons. One of which is not due to anyone requesting that it be closed, especially if they are the topic and there's a problem.

On another note, no emails in the mod box about this, and if you have a question or comment, it would be better to contact us first (off board) to resolve any issue you have.
    Thanks for the responce Chicken, I just felt that some of the mods were being biased towards him, maybe it was all coincidence...

He's probably reading this thread and laughing. Honestly, if I were his mother, I would be so proud... son's making tonnes of money in his teens and no one's even bothered to sue or report him yet. If you really want to get him off the board, why don't you call up a lawyer, file a case or talk to the FBI instead of making useless posts about mods here? Even a petition or talking to AOL is better than ranting about a kid.
    I want to speak to the owner of the internet!

I think the topic was more about us (the mods) than Tim, unless I've read it wrong.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

The topic says that it's the moderators being biased and closing/deleting threads at Tim's request though, not to mention iamdave himself claims he would like to get Tim off these boards for good.
    I want to speak to the owner of the internet!