Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry This Pi***s Me Off

I guess you guys already know about the lady who beat her daughter and got caught on tape. (if you don't, read http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Midwest/0...ing/index.html)

Why do people do this? I mean, no kid could have pi***d her off enough to deserve this, could she? Geraldo was commenting last night about how she looked around before really beating her. That just sounds sadistic.

And worst of all, she's out on bail. Oh well, she's innocent until guilty, but the entire country is convicting her on national TV, and that's the worst part. She won't get a fair trial anywhere.

I'm done ranting, what's everyone's thoughts on this?
    Last edited by XTStrike; 09-23-2002 at 04:12 AM.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Sick... very sick.

I saw that clip as well and it was premeditated. Before she beat her daughter she looked around to see if anyone was watching. It was just disgracefull how this woman could call herself a mother. I hope that she ends up in jail and that child protective services takes that child away for good from that abusive parent. No child deserves that punishment.

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by insiderhosting
    I saw that clip as well and it was premeditated. Before she beat her daughter she looked around to see if anyone was watching.
    In any case, I hope she doesn't learn to look for video cameras before beating her kid again but rather the value of all life, no matter how small.
    -Mooneer

I'm sure she'll get what she deserves, whatever that may be. Bad, bad karma.
    Jeremy » jeremy@frontdrive.com
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Originally posted by mind21_98

In any case, I hope she doesn't learn to look for video cameras before beating her kid again but rather the value of all life, no matter how small.
    The point I want to make is that she deserves to have her kids yanked from her custody. So that she will no longer have anyone to beat on except herself while she rots in jail.

Just my $.02

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Hmm. Mothers these days shouldn't treat there children like that. Most likely she will get her child back.

And most likely you will get banned, but thats not that point.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

Kinda off topic, but how did WeAliveStill get a custom title with only 14 posts?

Oh Chicken...!
    -Mooneer

Originally posted by WeAliveStill
    Hmm. Mothers these days shouldn't treat there children like that. Most likely she will get her child back.
    Seems to be how things work these days. Make your case high profile enough and you can do anything.
    -Mooneer

I dont know how someone could do that..

i wonder what the kid did? was it just that time of the month for her (no offense to any ladies)
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by interactive
    i wonder what the kid did? was it just that time of the month for her (no offense to any ladies)
    From the video it didn't look like the kid did anything.
    -Mooneer

Re: This Pisses Me Off

Originally posted by mind21_98
    Why do people do this? I mean, no kid could have pissed her off enough to deserve this, could she? Geraldo was commenting last night about how she looked around before really beating her. That just sounds sadistic.
    How many children do you have?

I've never treated my children like that, but there are times when [especially new Mothers - post natal depression] parents can be driven to or over the edge by their children, that they just snap. They then do things they normally wouldn't dream of.

But it's good to see all these self rightous 19 yr old geeks complaining and judging someone about such actions.

No, I'm not saying what she did was right.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I saw the whole clip on the local news. I think she went WAY overboard, while I believe under certain circumstances children should be spanked, but they should never be beaten. What she did, I wouldnt even call a Beating, more like a harsh beat down.

kids are designed to push parent's buttons.. it's what they do best However parents are supposed to be adults and react in an adult fashion towards their little ones.

Maybe someone needs to take this woman aside and show her just what it feels like to be beaten by someone much larger than herself.

Child Protection Services might cross the line every now and then, but I think they'll be doing a good thing if his kid never sees their mother again.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Sorry, but, IMHO, while this should be investigated as to whether there actually is a danger to the child from her mother, I think there are much more serious cases of real abuse going on in this world that are much more horrifying than a mother slaping the crap out of her kid in a shopping mall...there weren't any injuries, the kid apparently doesn't have a history of abuse...

Personally, I'd like to know exactly what it was the child did that provoked such an outburst. Just because she didn't do anything on camera doesn't mean she didn't do something awful in the store.

Maybe this woman really is some kind of monster, but let's get a bit more information before we go jumping to conclusions.

Re: Re: This Pisses Me Off

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I've never treated my children like that, but there are times when [especially new Mothers - post natal depression] parents can be driven to or over the edge by their children, that they just snap. They then do things they normally wouldn't dream of.
    But she isn't a new mother. Having a 4-year old is not new. Post-partum depression very rarely lasts that long.

Originally posted by lightnin
    Just because she didn't do anything on camera doesn't mean she didn't do something awful in the store.
    Do you honestly believe that there's something so awful a 4-year old child could do to make her own mother do something like that? I don't really care what she did, pulling toys off the shelf or whatever was said. BS - children are children and will be children regardless, and beating the living **** out of them is not going to stop them from being children. It'll only frighten them and carry the abuse on and on through generations. The girl was acting like a 4-year old, and besides, why wasn't her mother watching her when she was "ripping toys of the shelves and pulling them out of the boxes?" Oh, because she was arguing with store managers for not giving her cash for some pairs of jeans.

Yeah, that's certainly reason enough to look over your shoulder, punch your child in the face, dissappear, and dye your hair brown - only to return and turn yourself in because you know you'll get caught anyway

Edit: Editing to further myself -- as has been said by many people; if she can do something like this in public, what might she be doing to this child behind closed doors, where no one is there to see her? You're correct that there was no physical damage done, but I'll certainly feel for any child that ends up a crack addicted prostitute because her parents emotionally abused her so horribly. But wait! No bruises were left behind, so who gives a ****? I'm sorry, but if you have a 4-year old child and you do this to her, it is NOT the first time it has happened. No fscking way.
    Last edited by secludo; 09-23-2002 at 12:34 AM.

Originally posted by akashik
    Child Protection Services might cross the line every now and then, but I think they'll be doing a good thing if his kid never sees their mother again.

Re: Re: Re: This Pisses Me Off

Originally posted by secludo

Edit: Editing to further myself -- as has been said by many people; if she can do something like this in public, what might she be doing to this child behind closed doors, where no one is there to see her? You're correct that there was no physical damage done, but I'll certainly feel for any child that ends up a crack addicted prostitute because her parents emotionally abused her so horribly. But wait! No bruises were left behind, so who gives a ****? I'm sorry, but if you have a 4-year old child and you do this to her, it is NOT the first time it has happened. No fscking way.
    Woah, back the truck up there for a second. I said that the matter should be investigated. The mother should be repremanded and dealt with accordingly.

If this woman is a chronic child abuser, her children should be kept from her. If this is an isolated incident, then perhaps some counceling or anger management would be in order. From what I saw on that tape, there simply isn't enough to form a logical opinion of the action that needs to be taken.

I never said "No bruises were left behind, so who gives a ****? " and I frankly don't appreciate you putting those words into my mouth. (or fingers as it were)

i grew / growing up in a family of 7....i think discipline is very important (atleast when it comes to siblings now me on the other hand doesn't need it jk). she could have been just having a bad day but she still shouldn't take it out on her kid...unless the kid is from romania (jk again)...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I think they call this "tough love" in Texas
    BTW, y'all should watch the movie "Slap her, she's French".

tough love? texas is known for its system...rough place.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by timechange
    BTW, y'all should watch the movie "Slap her, she's French".
    doesn't everyone slap french people?

*just kidding*

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

The trailer looks promising: http://www.slaphershesfrench.com

What I am trying to say is that Texas seems to give some roughed up treatment to people.

Of course I don't agree with the corporal punishment approach and the video looked horrifying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast