msp_erv Guest
    Hi -- I am at a co-lo in DTN Minneapolis and Considering Change - Looking for facility/ persons that can also offer tech support on my setup/machines
    suggestions?
    My current porvider has stopped offering IT services and is requesting we drop our servers and go with their managed servers -- I think this is not good, especially when I signed up last summer they agreed to offer these consulting services
    currently using 3U space
    1x 2U and 1x 1U

If you are just looking for someone to provide support on your servers, then you can have your servers anywhere and get any management company. It does not matter where your server is located for a management company to provide support.

msp_erv Guest
    Yes I know this -- But the fact is this company has changed what they offered me and that warm, cozy - 'comfee' feeling is now gone completely and I would much prefer to support a company that was willing to work with me from the ground up, trying to build their own business as I am... or for that matter a person that may have cabinet space avail that can help me as I try to grow my business for years into the future.

I haven't used them, but I here very good things about http://www.usinternet.com/
    It's the same company behind the Minneapolis Wifi project, so they should be around for a while. They have a DC in Minnetonka, just off 394.

I'm surprised you're colo'ing in Mpls at all actually, especially if they're managed boxes. Even if you're next door to your local datacenter and you're on comcast or such, you're still routing everything through chicago and back to Mpls. Extra hop plus about triple the price for bandwidth. That being said, I've heard good things about http://iphouse.com, but they're downtown as well. Honeycomb may also be an option, but they're in NE Mpls. http://honeycomb.net.

There's also Time Warner Telecom in Minnetonka, and BHI and VISI in Eden Prairie. There are a few others out in the EP/Chanhassen/Chaska area, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Or Nate might have some space perhaps?
    Was hoping you had some a while back, but I never heard back.

GAH! Sorry, I must have missed that message.
    I actually am out of that business now - the building put restrictions on new equipment (requiring extra insurance, etc) and the data center had to pass on an increase in power cost.. I was losing too much money every month, and had to stop.
    I've just got a few 1U's colocated at various DC's now for my personal stuff and a few select clients.
    Or Nate might have some space perhaps?
    Was hoping you had some a while back, but I never heard back.