Utica, NY

PKG File Uninstall Question

I followed the directions on in order to uninstall Webalizer 1.30-04-7GIF-4 on my RaQ 3. I assumed it worked as the .pkg file is no longer listed on the GUI. And if I use the locate webalizer command, at the shell prompt while logged in as admin, I see no files found. BUT if I issue the same locate command while logged in as root I receive the following:

[[email protected] /]# locate webalizer

These files do not exist if I try to access them. Does someone know why I receive files found while logged in as root and not admin, espically since they do not exist? Thanks for your help.

From my understanding, you have to re-build the search database.

And on that topic, I have yet to figure out how. The search database on one RAQ 4i I am dealing with seems to have been built from within a user directory, as everything is based in /home/sites/siteXX/web/<something>/

It is annoying. Anyone know how to fix that?

Think the search database is refreshed every night, so just wait a day
    Hmm, what does this do... Oops!

Pingu, how do I tell it where to base it then?

It is still coming out of this one virtual site's directory when it gives me paths, and it is getting annoying.

The Netherlands
    Probably you want to update it now.

Run this file as root from the ssh prompt.

that should rebuild the search DB

HTH Robbert
    Reliable hosting and Colocation

It rebuilds the database just fine. I think. Until I do a search, and it reports everything as being a subfolder of this one virtual site's directory. Any idea why this happens?