Cloud computing really needs its own primary forum, not a sub-forum under "emerging technologies". Cloud is much more mainstream than this.

Still picking up momentum. This is more organized and easier for new members.

Yea, I agree this is going to be one of the biggest parts of the hosting business in the coming years as we go from only websites hosting files to hosting being a consumer product.

I fully agree with that...When they are talking about a potential 100 Billion dollar industry it is hard not to think that it deserves its own forum.

The cloud computing forum, at the time of writing this, has 26 posts in it. Even the smaller "main" forums such as SEO have around 5000 posts minimum. It's really not worth having it as a main forum.

When it picks up I'm sure someone will look into making it a main forum; but until then it really should stay as a sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Light View Post
    The cloud computing forum, at the time of writing this, has 26 posts in it. Even the smaller "main" forums such as SEO have around 5000 posts minimum. It's really not worth having it as a main forum.

When it picks up I'm sure someone will look into making it a main forum; but until then it really should stay as a sub-forum.
    I would say that the reason there are only ~26 posts is because it is hard to find this section on the forums. If it was in a main category it would have massive participation.

Not sure how you can justify not giving Cloud its own main forum when it is likely going to be the future of hosting in general and is being pursued in full production by providers such as Rackspace, AWS, Google, Microsoft and many others.

People can find it from the main forum index page, it's not a big link, but it's the same as the other sub forums. Other sub forums, including the marketplace, seem to be doing quite well.

Personally I wouldn't say cloud computing is quite there yet; sure it may be deemed a niche market with major players, but compared to the other ways of hosting applications and data, it really isn't terribly large.