Thread: this design :D

this design :D

Hiya.

Can you guys tell me what you think of the deisng below?

it isnt finished yet.. (just the bottom part needs doing..)

http://www.allyaya.com/pic.gif

thanks
    asif

edit: the pic is low quality becuse it is saved as a gif..the real site looks better..

It's not bad, clean, but a little too colorful. How about using different shades of the same color instead? And try keeping to three matching colors?

I don't know, my 2 cents.

Hiya,

Yes,i was going to do thta, but i didnt want to make it too boring - becuase its a portal, i wanted to make it lively

asif

retro, change nothing! I love the colors, layout and professionalism that this layout displays. Really good work... only odd thing is the menu... maybe space it a little more so it equals the total width of the design.

Jeff

Hiya Jeff,

Thanks for your kind words. when you say the menu, do you mean the tabs at the top?

regards
    asif

Sorry, gotta agree with xharine, but to a certain extent. I don't think the problem is so much having so many diferent colors; it's distribution. Somehow, the different colors have to placed with more balance. The blue swirly pic is nice, but it looks out of place because there isn't any other place on the site that mirrors it. Also: for some reason, it kinda bugs me that the tabs aren't exactly aligned with your tables. Other than that, I really dig the layout and feel.

retro, yes I was referring to the buttons that span horizontally across the screen.

As for all the comments regarding color, I think it's just dependant on personal preference and age... obviously not everyone is going to like the design. I do suggest maybe taking some of these suggestions and trying them out... who knows.. might like it!!!

Jeff

Very nice, I like it alot!

I agree with mina, the colors could work if done correctly, although right now it clashes.

Maybe change the login/logout a little but i think it looks good.
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

The site looks good. If you change the colors of the navigation buttons to all uniform colors it may look better. Rest of the site looks good.