hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Programming Discussion : MySQL stored procedures - granting execute

Forum Jump

MySQL stored procedures - granting execute

Reply Post New Thread In Programming Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Web Hosting Guru

I've been at it for a while, but I just can't seem to get the syntax right on granting execute permission on stored procedures to my MySQL user.
I've tried to track down examples online, and tried to figure it out from the MySQL website docs, but I still can't seem to get it to work.
I'm trying to do something like this inside the MySQL Query Browser:
grant execute on *.* to 'my_username'
If I try a wildcard, I get the error 1045 - Access denied for (insert user here)
If I try it on a specific stored procedure, I get the error 1144 - Illegal GRANT/REVOKE command.
I'm an MSSQL guy, and this is my first go at using MySQL, so bear with me gang
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Web Hosting Guru

What user are you using to grant the permissions?

Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Web Hosting Guru

What user are you using to grant the permissions?
Executing a query inside of the code window in MySQL Query Browser

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Web Hosting Master

Which user are you logged in as when using MySQL query browser though? I don't use the application myself so can't tell you how to find out on there, but run this query:
status
then, look at "Current user:"

Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Web Hosting Guru

I executed "status" and it threw an error as well. Maybe query browser isn't the right place to do this? It seems very similar to MS Sql Query Analyzer, so it seems the proper place to execute commands like this.
But like I said, I'm just getting started with MySQL. I haven't had any problems yet using Administrator to build tables and such, but I'm a bit stuck at this point. I definitely want to use stored procs, so I'll keep digging, the answer is out there somewhere
But do directly answer your question, I'm using the only user that I created for the database.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Tesora's OpenStack DBaaS Supports MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, and MySQL Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 14:53:11
Search Warrants Apply to All Worldwide Data Held by US Service Providers, Judge Rules Web Hosting News 2014-04-28 14:41:23
Google Releases Hosted Database Service Cloud SQL to General Availability Web Hosting News 2014-02-12 13:46:02
Google Cloud Provides Support For Native MySQL Connections Web Hosting News 2013-11-01 14:36:06
NASA Cloud Implementation Sloppy, Leaves Security Gaps: Report Web Hosting News 2013-07-30 15:35:56