Webalizer "Hits"

Does anyone know how webalizer is counting "hits"? I know visits are unique IPs, but are hits counted as 1 page load or does each image retrieval count as a hit? (Meaning if the page has 10 images, it would count as 11 hits .. 10 images+1 html)

Re: Webalizer "Hits"

Originally posted by aragon
    (Meaning if the page has 10 images, it would count as 11 hits .. 10 images+1 html)
    Correct.

Here's the info from the Webalyzer site:

http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html

Regards

Gary

Thanks Gary.

Re: Webalizer "Hits"

Originally posted by aragon
    Does anyone know how webalizer is counting "hits"? I know visits are unique IPs, but are hits counted as 1 page load or does each image retrieval count as a hit? (Meaning if the page has 10 images, it would count as 11 hits .. 10 images+1 html)
    The AWSTATS FAQ has a good explanation of how different stats apps count differently...

it's all quite simple really.. You see, there's this guy named Elmo who lives on your server. Well, I named him Elmo. And he sits on the front porch with a glass of sweet tea watching visitors come and go and then...

lol, seriously, it's something very close. You see each time a page is loaded from your CPanel, it is counted as a READ file. Simple as that. It's rather very similiar to how Windows "counts" files. This is all stored in a special folder or multiple folders for each client.... that I named "elmo".

But that's really all there is to it. No rocket science there.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

Its the number of file accessed on your server.

lol.. um.. thanks again guys.. the question was already answered.