Weird problem. I just changed the DNS settings with NetSol on Friday and my site appears to be running fine and others can access it with an IP AND with a URL. The problem is - I can't access it with a URL, but the IP works fine for me at home (i've tried it on two machines).
I am assuming the last post was referring to me running a server, which I am not.
My site is hosted with a hosting company. The problem is that everyone else (at least 3 other people) can access the site (try it - www.marketoption.com) but me. However, the IP address works just fine (18.104.22.168) for me.
I've also tried to tracing the route and the program traces the IP address, but can't even recognize the URL (which was expected).
I had no problem reaching the site or doing a trace, with using the Domain Name. There is something "funky" going on as your hoster is trying to hide themselves in one hop, which, shouldn't be a problem -- and never does hide anyway -- but at this point, is hard to say if causing the problem.
As mentioned, Domain Name changes usually take 24-72 hrs and it could be that "your" ISP has not updated their IP Tables. I'd wait till Mon. and if the problem still persists, discuss with your Hoster.
• PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
• Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
• ServerAdmin Services also available