My review on the Virtual dedicated servers from

Well, they were pretty quick to respond to questions before I signed up.

I've had it for about 2 weeks or so now, and after I signed up I submitted a trouble ticket for help, and they still have yet to respond. I even sent another a few days later. I guess with the price your paying, you don't get support at all. No responce what so ever.

It's been OK, they rebooted once so far, and the load average seems a bit high. Which is probably why they rebooted.

Speeds are good. It's cogent, and they seem to have a good cogent link but the big thing is it seems like they are buying from someone else, and are capped. Oh well.

Account was instantly activated, which was cool.

So basicly, if you don't need any support at all, even if they screw up, which in this case it is their problem, then go with them. Price is good, but don't expect a response unless it's a question that will make you sign up.

- Support (none)
    - Reboots on ocassion
    - Load average is 2-4 or so

- Instant activation
    - Nice control panel
    - CHEAP
    - Pretty stable

I know nothing about their offering, but I thought I'd point out a common myth about server load.

Server load is simply an average number of simultaneously running processes for any given period of time. Most servers measure it in 1 minute, 5 minute, and 15 minute rolling averages.

Here is a scenario that would cause a high server load, but cause very little impact on the actual performance of the server:

1. Ten simultaneous downloads from a CGI of a payload file.

2. Each download is being done by a 56k modem user.

3. Each download takes 20 minutes.

Under that scenario, there will be a server load of 10, though CPU utilization (on a 1.3Ghz processor) will probably be under 30%. You'll still have 70% of the CPU available for serving other processes.

Not so long ago, processors were slow enough that they could only handle just a few simultaneously running processes before they started bogging down and pegging at 95% or higher utilization. Cobalt RaQ 1 and RaQ 2 servers are good examples of servers like that.

Just an FYI.
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks

OneStop : you are almost right on their support issue...its quite bad, i shud say.

I thought they were getting bandwidth from hostcentric and not cogent...when did they change over !?

I feel their control panel is also quite confusing..or may be, i am not that knowledgeable to ue thir control panel !

I feel they mostly concentrate on p0rn webmasters...their major revenue is from bandwidth usage....and that justifies i guess !

Green Bay, WI
    Stay clear of VDS systems that allow you root access. I have ran a cluster system with Sphera (VDS software) in the past and it's a security nightmare.