BLUEPAY horror story with a hostcharge.com question.

Ok basicly sumed up breifly on my horrible experience with bluepay: First I signed up for a merchant account with them, I sent in all docs etc. I called them up asked them if they got the voided check that I faxed, they said yes, so a week goes by I wonder why no money is going into my bank account, so I call them up, and they say that they've lost the check, this process happens 4 TIMES! Then a week later still no money going into bank although they've got all the document's, a customer signs up and in our backend system we approve, and once approved he is charged, we approved an user and we come to find out they've disabled our merchant account, without any notification, or anything. STAY AWAY FROM BLUEPAY, so now they're holding $700+, of our money.

Ok heres the hostcharge question: What is one of the owner's aim names, or icq # as I have some question's to ask.
      0 Not allowed!

Last edited by weeps; 09-22-2002 at 12:50 PM.
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks .
      0 Not allowed!

same thing happened to us, but they held $10,000 instead of just $700
      0 Not allowed!

Perhaps, the victim's shall do a class action law suit, although in the end they finally sent me money but terminated my account.
      0 Not allowed!

Question wha?!

Why did they cancel your account? What am I missing here?

-WC-
      0 Not allowed!

Good question, they canceled it as they got mad I filed to the BBB, and contacted the secretary of state of ohio & whereever they're located ( I forget without looking it up).

So that's all.
      0 Not allowed!

BluePay is with OnlineDataCorp.com and I would stay far away. Similar experience to the original poster, just on a smaller scale. Don't fall for the "instant" setup deal, you start charging thinking it's all set, and then they somehow cancel the account or want more informatoin and the end result is whatever you charged is kept, and your account is cancelled, or should I say not even officially activated.

I'm sure they are lots of people who use it fine, but I surely would not recommend them!
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe they found out you were 15
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Monte
    That's not true is it??
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

How would they feel about me than (11)? It would be worse, wouldn't it...
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by whatever
    How would they feel about me than (11)? It would be worse, wouldn't it...
    Ahhhh yeah.....I'd think so....
      0 Not allowed!

He's not 15
      0 Not allowed!

how old is he?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com
      0 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure he is 19
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Err... my mistake. Thanks for pointing out that thread...
      0 Not allowed!

Re: BLUEPAY horror story with a hostcharge.com question.

Originally posted by ChickenSteak
    so I call them up, and they say that they've lost the check, this process happens 4 TIMES!
    i want to share different story with you...
    one day i did some shopping in the mall in Sebring,FL (i don't really remember the store name) i think it was JC Penny or Dillard's and I wrote a check gave it to the clerk and the check somehow disappeared !!! this women did not know what she did with it, she said she were looking al the time at this check... then store manager, other employees and customers were looking for this check, and we did not find it ! How that possible?

They wanted another check form me but I didn't give them, just went out of the store very pissed off

Good luck guys with getting your money back.
      0 Not allowed!

I have heard of scam artist writting checks with disappearing ink.

Edit: Clarification I was refering to the check disappearing and not calling anyone here a scam artist.

Just re-read my post and it sounded bad.
    Last edited by The3bl; 09-29-2002 at 10:52 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Man this has gotten way off topic, anyway's no nor did I or my bro sign up for it, and that is not the reason. Monte why don't you keep you're comment's to yourself ?
      0 Not allowed!

a customer signs up and in our backend system we approve, and once approved he is charged, we approved an user and we come to find out they've disabled our merchant account, without any notification, or anything. STAY AWAY FROM BLUEPAY, so now they're holding $700+, of our money.
    $700+ from one client? must be nice.
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca
      0 Not allowed!

More like 3 client's, but still .
      0 Not allowed!

Monte why don't you keep you're comment's to yourself ?
    Probably because we've all had a gutfull of 15yr old hosts going bust and giving the industry a bad name. The problem is, folks think a cheap snazzy website template, a dedicated server and a credit card processing service, makes them a host.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Probably because we've all had a gutfull of 15yr old hosts going bust and giving the industry a bad name. The problem is, folks think a cheap snazzy website template, a dedicated server and a credit card processing service, makes them a host.
    Aussie Bob, if you knew anything about my company you'd know it wasn't run by me nor my bro although we do work at rack easy (it's a family business). We have spent month's on our infastructure, and we're not some "small" time host that things a dedicated server, merchant, and template is all he needs. We don't even rent dedicated server's, we colocate in the Global Compass Datacenter. Please do some research before you make acussation's.
      0 Not allowed!

Aussie Bob, if you knew anything about my company you'd know it wasn't run by me nor my bro although we do work at rack easy (it's a family business). We have spent month's on our infastructure, and we're not some "small" time host that things a dedicated server, merchant, and template is all he needs. We don't even rent dedicated server's, we colocate in the Global Compass Datacenter. Please do some research before you make acussation's.
    You seem to be doing a lot more than someone your age should be doing. I liked Deb's response in that other thread where you compared your company to hers. Let me see, yes, here it is -
    Posted by Deb -
    I've little input on this thread in general and mean no offence to the teens at all but do want to clarify that FutureQuest's owners aren't quite 55 yet and the children under the age of 18 in my family are still required to treat their school work as priority, as are the children of the other families that work within FutureQuest. No child under the age of 18 is permitted to operate as sysAdmins or Tech Support et al within the company. There's too much liability there and personal preference on priorities. My children have been known to help mom out when we were cleaning/building the DC and with some office type work but it's all kept at below part-time hours in a more traditional 'children helping out' fashion.
    Maybe you could enlighten us to the owners of the company. Names, positions etc. You know, the information that's not on your site.

Your name's all over the whois info -

Registrant Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    Brandon Armstead ([email protected])
    1-866-699-2397
    FAX: 1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Administrative Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Billing Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Technical Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Created: 07/29/02 17:59:18
    Expires: 07/29/03 17:59:18

Yet on your site it says -
    Rack Easy LLC, is an Ohio based company founded in 2001
    And this bit I really love -
    Through our infrastructure, we have proven to be one of the most reliable known hosting providers in the U.S.A. and Canada.
    You claim that "we do work at rack easy" yet it just looks like you're running the whole show -
    From the front page "Customer Reviews" -
    "You can't go wrong with these guys. Their network and hardware is rock solid and their support is excellent. Brandon is great....
    The onus is now on you to provide the evidence that rackeasy.com isn't owned by yourself and your "bro". The thing is, if you lie, you will get caught. If I was to go back through all your posts here, I'm sure that would bring up some interesting information too. I get a very uneasy "TimPD" like feeling here.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 09-29-2002 at 01:29 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

thats a bad ex[perience .. I was once trying to get info on their deals .. thank goodness i never got around using them .
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: [email protected] | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : [email protected] |
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

You seem to be doing a lot more than someone your age should be doing. I liked Deb's response in that other thread where you compared your company to hers. Let me see, yes, here it is -

Maybe you could enlighten us to the owners of the company. Names, positions etc. You know, the information that's not on your site.

Your name's all over the whois info -

Registrant Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Administrative Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Billing Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Technical Contact:
    rackeasy.com
    1-866-699-2397
    413 Vaniman Ave
    Trotwood, OH 45426
    US

Created: 07/29/02 17:59:18
    Expires: 07/29/03 17:59:18

Yet on your site it says -

And this bit I really love -

You claim that "we do work at rack easy" yet it just looks like you're running the whole show -

The onus is now on you to provide the evidence that rackeasy.com isn't owned by yourself and your "bro". The thing is, if you lie, you will get caught. If I was to go back through all your posts here, I'm sure that would bring up some interesting information too. I get a very uneasy "TimPD" like feeling here.
    Aussie Bob the person, who buy's the domain dosen't have to be the "owner", you can feel or think however you wish, as I don't care. If I do more then I should be doing, and I handle it fine, then it dosen't matter what I should be "set" at doing, maybe you have a diffrent view of it. If you really want to know who the owner of the company is then it's Larry Armstead, I'm only sales & do some support on and off beside's the people we outsource, as my bro does sales & some support on and off, Diane is our secretary, and everyone else we pretty much outsource for support. Also no we are in no way related to TimPD, btw you bring up some bull about us "renting" a dedicated and thinking we're a host, I'm not the one who can't even keep my own server's in my own country, as I said do some research before you come posting acussation's, if you called the secretary of state of ohio you could have easy *clearly* found out who is the owner of the company which is Larry Armstead, and is more then old enough to run the company. Also BTW talking about "templates", what kind of host has a "vbulletin community" as there site, please get you're fact's straight.

As for you flash gear, I'm sorry you feel that way although alot of are customer's don't.
      0 Not allowed!

Also yes we we're founded in 2001, although that dosen't mean under that name we have been doing hosting for about 2 year's now, and this time we're making a diffrence and have changed our ways.
      0 Not allowed!

how long did you guys have your accounts with ODC until the point they canned your account, ours was about 1 month
      0 Not allowed!

Our's was about 2 weeks ( one just of them loosing voided faxed in checks ).
      0 Not allowed!

I have heard of scam artist writting checks with disappearing ink.
    bahahaha, now THAT's an idea!
      0 Not allowed!

lol .
      0 Not allowed!

Closed by request of thread starter.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!