Domain Reselling - OnlineNIC or other ???

Hi,
    I have been registering domains with OnlineNIC for a long time. I've been quite happy with the services. I got all the support each time I asked for it. I am now thinking of reselling domains like powerpipe.com and other Resellers. My question here is that OnlineNIC reliable enough to be chosen as a reseller?

Off course we won't be using their template system for registration but our own in house developed one. They offer $6.69 for .com .net and .org domains which is pretty nice. Directi.co offers more less than that but their reseller panel is not good.

Keep me updated with your opinions and suggestions.

Regards,

Naseer

If you're happy with their level of service, I would say stick with them! We use enom and thought they were about the cheapest, but I guess we were wrong!

Really, $6.69 is a great price. I would stick with them untill you run into problems.

Yes $6.69 is a cheap price. You have to pay onlineNIC some ammount to get that price.

Its been almost a year we are with them and never been into any problem. All the staff is quite helpfull and work with us as we need.

I don't see many companies using OnlnieNIC as resellers. I don't know why, either their services are not good or ppl don't know then very much. I think before registering our self as a Registrar, reselling on behalf of some other registrar is better.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-21-2002 at 02:03 PM.
    We eDrive your Business!
    Web Hosting Solutions and Consulting Services https://www.ylinx.com

well, I dont quite like their ownership transfer fee...... I guess it's still $30 + all the paperwork? Enom & OpenSRS are the best. If the price matters, check out directi.com as well.

Ownership tranfser fee...? I have succesfully transfered many domains to OnlineNIC and later changed all the Info I needed. They never charged me anything for that. What change are you talking about?
    We eDrive your Business!

i think it is definitely worth it to pay a bit extra and go with enom. I have been very happy with their services.

Ownership tranfser fee...? I have succesfully transfered many domains to OnlineNIC and later changed all the Info I needed. They never charged me anything for that. What change are you talking about?
    You are transfering to OnlineNic so the Registrant is YOU, and you don't have to change the Registrant.

OnlineNic allows you to change all your info except the Registrant name.

If you are still not clear, you can login and try to change your registrant's name, they won't allow you to edit registrant's field. You can change all the info except the registrant's field.

Or click on transfer registrant, you will get the picture.

They change $30.00 for changing that field and you have to submit all the paper work and also get notarized. Thus the cost of changing that field will eventually be about 50.00.

To save that cost, just request a transfer away from them to a registrar which doesn't charge anything and then change that information your self. This cost only for your regisration fee and you have another year!

Then onlineNic will be & will be

They also have some hidden fees: like pay for URL forwarding and e-mail forwarding, as far as I know. Enom seems to be the best, however I might be subjective, because I am a reseller of enom. Never had problems with them.

I still hav'nt got confirmed that how much exactly they charge for that. There are two things here ..

1: I once mailed them to change the Registrant Name and they happily changed the registrant name and did'nt charged me.

2: Second thing, If you go through the reseller API, which you set at your end, It allows you to change the Registrant name. Version 2 of that does, I hav'nt yet tried version 3 but I am sure as they offer you Direct access to their registry? it is possible to do it with slight coding.

I believe they are using PUKE for domain registering.
    We eDrive your Business!

I also recommend Enom.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

Originally posted by Goni
    Yes $6.69 is a cheap price. You have to pay onlineNIC some ammount to get that price.
    They say that they don't have a membership or setup fee, but you might want to check out their refund policy.

They say that they don't have a membership or setup fee, but you might want to check out their refund policy.
    Yea .. thats a good way of saying you don't have any membership fee. Infact Prepayment reflects something else here. Usually, membership fees let you in and the more you pay the more you get knowned

Despite of all the facts that they charge extra and don't register nameservers for the domain registered less than 5 years, how are their services? I mean they are offcource better than Directi.Com when send you an Email each day stating to have a downtime
    Last edited by Goni; 09-22-2002 at 03:56 PM.
    We eDrive your Business!

What about wildwestdomains.com? That is GoDaddy's reseller program.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

What about wildwestdomains.com? That is GoDaddy's reseller program.
    Nice prices, but the problem with godaddy is that, they don't work in a couple of (South) Asian countries. May be cause of credit card frauds? So a chance to go with them reduces more.
    We eDrive your Business!

1: I once mailed them to change the Registrant Name and they happily changed the registrant name and did'nt charged me.
    2: Second thing, If you go through the reseller API, which you set at your end, It allows you to change the Registrant name. Version 2 of that does, I hav'nt yet tried version 3 but I am sure as they offer you Direct access to their registry? it is possible to do it with slight coding.
    1. Maybe, they are have change the policy on that.
    2. I never had the change to get to that part, because of the transfer of registrant fee, I tend to use enom more.

I really agreed with you that their support repond are quick as compare to enom.

Enom's support are really terrible. I never get my email answered.