* My domain name is expiring

My domain name is expiring today, can I transfer it, or I just have to renewal!!! Would like to transfer because I have some $400 at enom.com!

You are going to have to renew it. Often it takes a week or two to transfer a domain. You can always renew it and transfer, which is probably what you'll end up doing.

Which registrar?

It depends on which registrar you are with ...
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I know of no registrar that will process transfers on the day they expire.

And if you try, you will only be out the price you paid to transfer it. Just bite the bullet, renew your domain and then in 2 months transfer it out to where you want to go.

Good luck-
    -WC-

MOST, not all

MOST (not all) registrars deny transfer on or after expiry, but industry insiders know that OpenSRS does allow expired domains to be transferred away (before the 45-day grace period of course).
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Renew it and transfer it later.
    Although I think that's been mentioned in this thread.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by WildCard
    I know of no registrar that will process transfers on the day they expire.
    OpenSRS allows transfers right up to the day that the domain drops - which is roughly day 40 after expiration.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

whole story

Well I own you the whole story… I am using readyhosting.com. Now I have 2 accounts with them. When I registered the second one I took the name to.

………………………………Text from there pages…………………….
    Does ReadyHosting pay for my domain renewal fees?
    If you registered a new domain with us, (.com, .net, .org), we will pay the fees for as long as you’re a customer of ours. This domain must be registered through our signup form
    ……………………………………...This is just what I did?.............................

20 days ago I got the bill for $50 for one year, paid it and taught everything is OK. But to day I got mail from domainpeople.com, they are saying that my domain is expiring today…
    First off all I like to warn people not to get in the same position - the renewal price is $24.95

I just don’t want to pay them because their ugly style. What happen if the domain name expirees? Can I take it again, it is Swedish name not so common, if yes when?

I'd request a transfer to eNom asap, renew next week if it does not go thru. Better than you waiting for it to expire anyway

I would not recomend this with some registrars, but with domainpeople is ok.

if the domain is not currently being used, I normally wait until it's expired, then simply register the domain again (as new).

Risk

>Richard Tan: if the domain is not currently being used, I normally wait until it's expired, then simply register the domain again (as new).

... and risk losing it to another registrant? Frankly, I've done similarly for a few names that I'm sure won't be after by anybody else (like my prof's domain which I helped register but not in use). However, don't take any name for granted; even richardtan.com has been registered (by someone else?)

Originally posted by Richard Tan
    if the domain is not currently being used, I normally wait until it's expired, then simply register the domain again (as new).
    Bad advice, bad bad bad

Godaddy also does allow transfer away after expiry. I think as long as you're listed as the administrative contact you can transfer away at any time.
    AceWebHosting.Com
    Cheap Web Hosting - Multiple Domain Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Virtual Private Server

I am going on with the transfer, it’s seen as I gone make it!

yes i have to admit that my method is highly risky. but again it's all your call. I've decide to take calculated risk in some situation, and they did pay off. I've saved some troubles (domain transfer). I'm just sharing my experience.....

richardtan.com has been registered, but not by me

Well, how about Richtan.com or rtan.com or dicktan.com?

-WC-

WC thanks for your interesting suggestions, but "personal" domain name does not cross my mind....

Originally posted by pera
    I am going on with the transfer, it’s seen as I gone make it!
    Good Luck - and tell us how it goes.