Hey guys.. i've looked around everywhere.. i can't seem to find a server that i like, so i'm gonna ask for some advice.
    Ideally i want to be able to host; 2 L4D servers, 2CSS, 2Tf2, a BF2 Server, GMOD, and a DOD server.. now i was thinking, something in the range of a quad core to dualquad core with 4GB> Ram. And adequate bandwidth needs.
    What hosts offer the best ping from america to the UK? or vice versa, i've seen some as low as 88 from UK to US.. so a low ping to both would be good or 100-ish to the UK would be fine..
    I'm not looking for a particualar location as we'll have both US and UK gamers.. my budget is $250-350.. anything lower would be a bonus.. oh, and it needs to be windows..
    It should also have a fairly good/stable network.. Thanks a bunch!
    Regards, Badmanh

Depending on the amount of slots you plan to run the BF2 server, I would think you could get that on a quad core system with 4GB RAM. Don't expect to run any of the source engine games at 100tick. I would reccomend 66tick maximum for the 2 CSS Servers and the same for TF2 / DoDS. New York generally has a good connection to Europe and vice versa. With that budget you will be able to get something easily Many companies could also offer you a custom deal if they only have certain packages.

Yeah, i was looking a killercreation.co.uk.. i don't know many good ones. So suggestions would be greatly appricated.

you want to open 9 servers
    I run a game server from home for my gaming forum members and my friends (I don't sell) - I run one server of each game:
    L4D
    CS1.6
    CSS
    TF2
    BF2 (No longer up, too inactive)
    Teamspeak
    My box is a dual core with 2gb ram - they all run smoothly. They use up about 1.6gb of the 2gb ram that I have - you are looking to double it - a Good dual core server with 4gb ram would do - L4D servers are very CPU consuming, so if it starts to get popular, since you are having 2 of them, You may want to go for a quad core server
    I think you have a good budget. Most providers will provide you with a 100mbps uplink so there shouldn't be any lag issues if the person lives near enough with good internet

What version of windows is needed for those servers anyways? Will they run on 2003 web edition? (64bit)

What version of windows is needed for those servers anyways? Will they run on 2003 web edition? (64bit)
    I run them on linux, you can run them on anything - with windows you just install steam and set up the servers easily

Ya, I've ran them on linux before. I was just curious if they ran on 64bit windows or not.

Yeah they can be ran on anything.. but i'm going to get server 2008, and install a control panel that i have made with php.. some games require windows only.. I've found what i wanted, i can get two servers for $350. One amsterdam/london and one in the usa, both Quad 4GB Ram w/ windows.
    Thanks for the help!

Take a look at ColoCrossing.com, they will be able to help you out.

I recommend colocrossing as well, and use New York for the best UK pings
    Bobby Samai - Director of Marketing
    www.peakinternet.com 1.800.731.4871 Ext 4968 24/7 Support Center
    PEAK - Out to change the way business is being done since 1992
    Colocation | Dedicated | VPS | Shared | Broadband

Last Activity: 03-29-2008 02:36 PM ....
    let it die already.

lol sorry to add further bump action but if he/she wanted good UK pings why not just get a server in the UK lol why get one in NY lmao.

but yes think it needs to be locked instead of people bringing up the dead.

13. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com