Angry I need a web host

Hi all,

I have had sooo many bad experinces with various web hosting companies I now need to know which hosting company yuo recommend.

They must have BRIILIANT technical and customer support. I'd prefer one where I can pay one fee for five web sites.

Which ones do you recommend?

Thank you
    Mark

No one can recommend anything until you post what you need - it's all based on that. some hosts are good for certain types of sites, others for other types..

ok...
    Last edited by deltawolf; 09-20-2002 at 01:20 PM.
    Rave5 Web Solutions
    http://www.rave5.com

Originally posted by deltawolf
    i can do that, ive got 6 customers so i'd be able to give great support, but i cant promis cpanel
    You could also try reading the rules...

I haven't said it in a long time:

"If a host can not read and follow the simple rules of a forum, how can you expect them to follow through on support/customer requests"??

web hosting?

Ok I need five sites hosted.

My main site is a mini site. About 150 pages. Affiliate program, Newsletter, auto-responder.
    I am not "techie" so beyond this I am not sure what else you need me to tell you.

Regards
    Mark

jesus christ, get off my ass about it. PM means private message and dont read it since im not supposed to tell you
    Rave5 Web Solutions

What does pm mean?

Mark

Originally posted by deltawolf
    pm
    read them one more time

Participants may not instruct users to check your e-mail, check your PM, or inform them that they've got mail or a new PM, or any variant thereof. This rule is also applicable in the advertising forums.

You are expected to read the rules here, there is no excuse for stupidity.

Originally posted by markcrisp
    What does pm mean?

Mark
    it means he is still breaking the rules....

PM=Private Message

Originally posted by markcrisp
    Ok I need five sites hosted.

My main site is a mini site. About 150 pages. Affiliate program, Newsletter, auto-responder.
    I am not "techie" so beyond this I am not sure what else you need me to tell you.

Regards
    Mark
    Are your websites busy?

If you do not have many specific requirements, pretty much any host will do just fine, but be sure to do a little research before you choose.

Ok. Still my question stands.

Which hosting company for my sites? I need it quick as my site is offline now. I am thinking of going with Gearhosting.com

Mark

nevermind then, im not up for 10 days
    Rave5 Web Solutions

you mean gearhost.com (i hope)...

I haven't had experience with them, but post a thread, i'm sure someone else at WHT has had some experience

deltawolf: it's really not hard to follow rules, no reason to get upset with me. Don't you expect your customers to follow your TOS?

edit: just saw your thread on GH, but i'd wait for another couple of replies

Hi mark,
    Not trying to preach, but if you have had bad experiences with a number of hosts talk your time and do a little research. Do a search on Gearhost and see whether they would be a good fit for you, have they had significant problems, etc. Post your needs in the "request" forum - number of domains, type of control panel, space you want and such. If any of the answers are appealing, check up on them. Avoid companies that registered their domains two weeks ago (www.samspade.org). Start with Akash, he has a good reputation. As hosts, we can't promote our services, or bash others, in this forum. Good luck in your search!

Back OT, Mark is looks like the best thing for you would be a reseller account. This will most likely keep it alot cheaper for you and also gives you full control over your accounts.. There are several well know hosts on this forum I suggest looking around finding a couple hosts your interested in and then doing a search on them.. A search will give you results on peoples past experience either good or bad.. off the top of my head a couple I can think of that have a pretty good reputation around here is Furturequest.com, site5.com and MCHost.com .. Good luck and let us know how things turn out for you.

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Back OT, Mark is looks like the best thing for you would be a reseller account. This will most likely keep it alot cheaper for you and also gives you full control over your accounts.. There are several well know hosts on this forum I suggest looking around finding a couple hosts your interested in and then doing a search on them.. A search will give you results on peoples past experience either good or bad.. off the top of my head a couple I can think of that have a pretty good reputation around here is Furturequest.com, site5.com and MCHost.com .. Good luck and let us know how things turn out for you.
    I'd have to disagree with this one.

Mark as already implied he needs something simplistic and it doesn't sound like his websites are very large. While a reseller account keeps things a little more organized, it is not easy for the unexperienced.

Mark - any host using CPanel will offer what's called "Add-on Domains" this will allow you to have multiple domains.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think with the latest build you can also have email for all your domains, not just the main account. Anyone care to confirm?

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks all. I went with GearHost.com I'll see how they turn out.

Stear clear of Nomonthlyfees.com Terrible service.

Mark

heh anybody with the name nomonthlyfees is bound to go out of business soon or gives you terrible support/usage issues .
    Global Professional Network - The Network You Can Rely On.
    http://www.globalpronetwork.com