Adehost and goddady

I hate godaddy.
    today the sc*$wed me good

the deleted my dns name servers UUHHGGG

so now I have problems

just wanted to tell the hosting world before everyone went crazy

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Wow! I have never heard of that. Could you imagine if Verio or Interland's registrar did that?

Good luck with this.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

I just got off the phone with them, I got to wait till the dns propergates over again. overall I am happy with godaddy, but I have been cursed using them.

I guess these things just happen every now and then

thank good most people only modify thier dns cache once ever 24 hours and this issue is 4 hours old. so a small percentage of my clients are effected

Now does somebody know how to prevent this issue ?

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Ouch Mike ...

How could they do something like this??? Can you use your own DNS instead of theirs?

Good luck with this ... hope it will be resolved well under 24 hours ...
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Originally posted by FHDave
    Ouch Mike ...

How could they do something like this??? Can you use your own DNS instead of theirs?

Good luck with this ... hope it will be resolved well under 24 hours ...
    the problem will work itself out. I just have bad luck with them. some how I thinkn it's just a curse LOL.

but I have to think of a way to prevent this in the future but I can not think of anything ( if your register deletes your name servers , then you vanish at root, how to prevent root deletion is what I need to learn )

mike

Amazing

Hey, the same exact thing happened to me once, they deleted my nameservers on a clients domain, and it was down for like 15 days before I ever realized it!

I emailed GoDaddy about it, and they were so generous, they offered me a month free of their hosting for the trouble! I got so upset by that gesture, to think that a client is worth $4.95! The least they could have done is give me about 10 free domains, but what can a guy do?

Originally posted by ADEhost
    but I have to think of a way to prevent this in the future but I can not think of anything ( if your register deletes your name servers , then you vanish at root, how to prevent root deletion is what I need to learn )
    Ah sorry, for some reasons thought of different thing.

How would you prevent this? I wonder too now ... hm ....
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server