Thread: Eukhost

Eukhost

I am thinking of starting a hosting company and wondered if anyone has had any experience with www.eukhost.com reseller accounts. Thanks.

No sorry. I haven't, but i am CONSIDERING them.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

If you ping them you will notice their servers are in usa. So if you were looking for european based servers this one is a miss.

I don't really mind where the servers are as I would want american customers just as much as europeans.

Originally posted by Gotti
    looking for european based servers
    Do you know who has european based servers?

Or even (if possible) based on both in the states and europe, so maybe you can use each according to your clients...

Yes, we have heard of them but never had any hosting experience with them. They seem resonable enough. Maybe also look at www.whichhosts.com for a comprehensive listed of UK based resellers plans.

Regards

quite a lot there... thanks for the link...
    Just fooling around...

not a reseller but am a customer and have to say their support is awful.

May be worthwhile looking elsewhere

Originally posted by Plankton
    not a reseller but am a customer and have to say their support is awful.

May be worthwhile looking elsewhere
    Thanks for sharing your experience but the original poster has probably made up their mind by now (almost a year old thread)
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Thats some serious lag..

Craig
    GURU Cloud Hosting and Managed Dedicated Servers and Colocation at Centro, Hemel Hempstead.
    All supported by our own onsite team.

I know this reply is ages after the posting but this does come up on search engines so i thought it is worth mentioning.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS OF THIS HOSTER.

I have been registering domains for years now, but this hoster has given me more of a headache than any.

When we first registered a domain with them it took them 2 weeks to register it with nic, which they are not a member of, i know membership doesn't matter but it does speed things up.
    Then when they set our space up they got the name all wrong so all the scripts and email would not work within cpanel. Eventually they did correct it up to a point, instead of removing and reconfiguring they just added the real name, so even now half of it does not work.
    Bandwidth allowances are pretty crap as well. in the first month of hosting the site, it went down because the bandwidth had been exceeded, how??? It was a brand new site with hardly any visitors, granted i was testing stuff here and there, but it shouldn't have gone that quick.

SUPPORT????? What a joke, the quickest i have had a reply is three days and the longest, well i sent an email of about ten days ago and still waiting for a reply. Sometimes you can catch them online on msn messenger, but half the time they ignore you anyway, and if they do answer they tell you to email them..... Duh! I have already???

It might sound like i'm bitter, up to a point i am. All i want to do though is share my experience with them so other people can make up there own minds. personally i jsut think he's a one man band reseller whos using a tin pot company, but thats only my own opinion.

Would i use them again? No

Would i reccomend anyone, yeah, Uk2.net and onandone.co.uk never had a problem with either of these, and always had domains registered within 24 hours.......

BEST RECCOMENDATION: www.online-ventures.co.uk they are doing a little revamp of their webhostin and domain pages at the moment, but they are pretty cheap and the service i have had has just been amazing!!!!

I know this thread is a bit old but I'm new here and would like to add my comments.

eUKhost.com don't have customer care they have couldn't careless about the customer, they are quick enough to take your money but ask them to do something and they don't even reply, the worst hosting company I've ever had the misforutne of dealing with.

Avoid them like the plague.

Are you really after uk hosting companies?

My friend recommends this to me --

tomsyer.net
    exovian.com

You can try them, there's no harm in trying

Originally posted by lizzie-me
    Are you really after uk hosting companies?

My friend recommends this to me --

tomsyer.net
    exovian.com

You can try them, there's no harm in trying
    Thanks lizzie-me I bought a reseller package with another hosting company I was getting a far too many customers to keep giving the hosting away

I just wanted people to know about eUKhost and there false promises

See:

http://forum2.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1207

before you go with them!!

Trust is the key thing between site and customer. Apart from us and a number of other sites you could try eniki.net - these are very good.