Thread: New Site Layout

Question New Site Layout

I have decided to attempt at making my own site. I wanted something simple and professional.

http://www.brightlightwebsites.com/

NOTE: This is the first site *I* have made on my own

Nice, Simple and stright out content
    Vinh,
    ShockHost - host me up scotty
    http://www.ShockHost.com
    (Coming soon to a world near you next month)

It's very simple and neat, but after looking at it for a while it gets boring. For your plans, you should really consider using light colors in the table, it would look better.

I agree that you should add some colors for your plans and also maybe a thin border. But overall for a first web site, congratulation
    You may not love me but you will respect me!

ok, not to be harsh.
    You need a redesign of the entire site. Looks at what others are doing.
    The home page of the site virtualy says nothing of what you do unless you read it. There is nothing that grabs someone when they first load the page. Never mind about the rest as once you have the home page down the rest are easy.

Leave the color you have in the logo graphic and change the text colors to ONE solid color NOT of the same colors in the logo. The reason for doing this is that the logo will be set apart from the text and easily remembered. So will the text.
    The logo then in turn can be used asa graphic in other locations of the site.
    Take the logo shape itself and make it flat gray around #666666 as you can alsways lighten its opacity in PS to what you need. Use this as a background element is locations or over top of images.

This will once again renforce your brands idenity.

Lay the site out on paper, then look at it not as the coder or design but as a user. Ask your self does this make sense to me? Can I navigate through it. If you cant answer those questions and a few more then back to the paper, NOT the computer.

Redesign it then come back to us here for another review.

Originally posted by Tranz
    The home page of the site virtualy says nothing of what you do unless you read it.

You only have to read the first sentence

I don't intend on sending people to the site unless they want reseller hosting

You only have to read the first sentence
    Yeah, but I think what Tranz is trying to say is that there's no immediate impression of what it is you're about. Believe it or not, people look for an impression first before actually reading a web site-- anything: could be a picture, could be a phrase, could be a large word that says "Reseller." Right now, there isn't anything.

Other than that, I think you're on the right track, but the site needs something more, a little extra...