Question Connection between United Colo and E.Continents??

This is rather speculative and I havenít got any real evidence and was rather curious more than anything. I was looking around United Colo's site (they have just released new server deals in the dedicated special offer forum) and thought that although it wasnít a copy of anyoneís site that the general style and layout looked familiar, fonts, layout, bullet blocks etc.

I surfed on over to E.conintents, which did own efreeservers, or something similar, all part of some merger if my mind serves me right? Anyway, whilst surfing around there i also found some similar features to United Colo (the newest company).

For example, they both are based in San Francisco, CA not that this is evidence on its own they are the same company or some form of subsidiary. The general design etc fonts and such looks kind of the same. The SLA on both sites from II Taxes downwards is basically the same apart from the companies names, not that it is a crime, I am sure smaller companies uses larger ones to help them right their SLA.

The random pictures of FedEx, Vitria, Liberate, handspring and a few others appear on both sites as well. Also each section on both sites is done in sub domains. And things like the red arrows on the side of e-continents also appear on United Colo. Also the way on both sites the serverís page is done with the picture of the server and information under it looks similar. In my opinion there are some very real similarities between both the sites and the general situation. I am accusing neither company of copying one or the other, I would just like to know whether or not these companies have some form of relationship or even are both run by another company?

Kindest Regards

St. Louis, MO
    I was thinking the same exact thing!
    Mike @ 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Tasmania, Australia.

Re: Connection between United Colo and E.Continents??

Originally posted by BenDoherty
    I surfed on over to E.conintents, which did own efreeservers, or something similar, all part of some merger if my mind serves me right?
    EFS merged with Sagonet.

UCG retained the service of a local web design consultancy firm and econtinents / efree were their former clients. Aside from that, UCG is not affiliated with the these 2 companies in any way.

BTW -- The IDC in San Francisco has more than 50 clients and ECI / Efree was on the roster before moving out.

Best Regards.
    United Colocation Group, Inc.
    Tier-1 Servers & Bandwidth Solutions
    (888) 993-9339

Wow. UCG Inc, you sure got some killer dedicated pricing here.

144 also looks similar to unitedcolo & econtinents
    [Managed Linux servers, reseller plans & shared web hosting]

Vienna, Austria
    yeah, good god that's a good price. do tell do tell........

Originally posted by freeva
    Wow. UCG Inc, you sure got some killer dedicated pricing here.

Kelowna B.C.
    Originally posted by {NIRMANI} also looks similar to unitedcolo & econtinents
    Must be a template or something. They are very similar. Even their signup including the URL looks the same...???
    Last edited by HostingDotExpress; 09-21-2002 at 10:30 PM.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Well if also used that design company, then that is one poor design company and i would suggest all three companies get in contact with them about the "originality"

10. UnitedColo is on an IP address allocated to e.continents, according to ARIN.

Thats what I thought too.. I was confused.

12. I take that back, ARIN does not show eContinents. A site I check that is supposed to show ARIN records does. My guess is that the block used to be eContinents and they gave it to UCG?

Doesn't really matter too much, anyway.

hrrmmm look at the header of a mail i got from them:

Return-path: <[email protected]>
    Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:10:30 +0200
    Received: from [] (
    by with asmtp (ID exim) (Exim 4.10 #1)
    id 17wAcP-0007wq-00
    for [email protected]; Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:10:29 +0200
    Received: from [] (
    by with esmtp (Exim 4.10 #1)
    id 17wAcO-0006fF-00
    for [email protected]; Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:10:28 +0200