Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* How has WHT changed you?

To celebrate my 300th post here on WHT, I'd like to offer my thoughts and opinions on something (opinions are rare for me).

This might go a little off-topic but it should hopefully relate to it in a way since I kind of wanted to do both things for my #300.

First, I'd like to offer my opinion about the future of the hosting industry and how it has changed and will continue to change. You see many posts on here talking about how people are offering things for durt cheap and its ruining the hosting industry. When someone says something like that in a post, its almost sub-concious that you want to type "resellers"....."teenagers"....."little kids". Next time you want to write something like that, try and replace each one of those with "WebHostingTalk"....."HostingChat"..... and see what you think about. I'm not saying that hosting forums and chats are bad.....but if you think about it, they have hurt the industry in many ways (along with helping it). I recently saw a post in the Dedicated Special Offers forum mentioning how the prices of dedicated servers are so rediculously low that they feel they can't even compete anymore. Now, try and put "reseller", "teenager", "kids" in that sentence.....it doesn't work. The reason is that there is a single (go WHT!) place where people can come and compete for business. ANY Internet business probably has their own WHT-type of place where everyone meets and are able to exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge as well as compete with each others for customers. Same thing here.....and I think its changed the way that each of you (myself included) carry out business each and every day. (I think I pulled it back on topic).

Anyway, if anyone can figure out what I just wrote above, please tell me and include your own thoughts....not totally sure why I wrote that, but felt I needed to get it off my chest. I guess the point could be that its no 1 single person's fault....its just the industry we are in. Datacenters, colo providers, dedicated providers, virtual hosting providers, ISPs....all of 'em.

Ok, enough about that.

------------------
    How has WHT changed my life?
    ------------------

First, mine's with WHR (not WHT....but close I guess). I will *never* be able to say the word "colocation" without cracking up laughing. I know I'm not the only one.

Second, same as above, but the name "Brian".

Third, I feel like I'm truley a WHT addict. I feel like I always have to be browsing the forums and looking for new things to post about.

Forth, somewhat related to #3....I feel like if I get a 404 error here, I feel like I panic. lol

4 from me is good I think. I'll try and think of more. Sorry about the length of the thread.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

Hey Troy,
    I know how you feel, I've been frequenting these forums for only a couple of weeks and Im addicted
    I hope these forums continue to run this way, because since I've been here, I've seen lots of people being helped out, companies offering to setup guys for free who have been ripped off, etc.
    Its great to see, and WHT is top notch in unveiling corrupt providers IMHO
    Go WHT, you rock.
    - Ross
    For quality hosting at a quality datacenter - www.ultralogic.net
    admin@ultralogic.net

How has it changed me?

I'm addicted.....WHT is unhealthy actually...if you look on the bottom of the rules page it says

Please see your doctor before registering for WebHostingTalk

Hello,

I believe it has changed lots of people in regard of personality !

Personally I was having a bit feeling of being kind to others. ! Now everyone seems to be my enemy

*** ( Good for ME & THOSE MEMBERS who keep bashing each another... Didn't WHT turn us to be a dirty bitch ?)
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

You wanna step outside and say that?

There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

lol..

We should take it to the freezer!!

Err.. n/m that.. old saying from where I once worked

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    You wanna step outside and say that?
    Yeah. I didn't like the way HeadMaster looked at me when he said that.

Have you guys ever been to a place called "Outside"?
    Limbo Designs - The Future of Design
    Affordable Web/graphic design solution.
    www.limbo-designs.com
    Founder, Mathew Chan

Originally posted by Limbo
    Have you guys ever been to a place called "Outside"?
    Wash your mouth out with soap!!!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

WHT to me is the place I come for a few reasons....

1. To try and make myself a couple of Ł for beer money (which doesn't happen much)

2. To try and help people (pfft)

3. To be helped with technical questions.

4. Because I have nothing better to do in the last 4 months where I have been waiting for University to come

Originally posted by HeadMaster
    Hello,

I believe it has changed lots of people in regard of personality !

Personally I was having a bit feeling of being kind to others. ! Now everyone seems to be my enemy

*** ( Good for ME & THOSE MEMBERS who keep bashing each another... Didn't WHT turn us to be a dirty bitch ?)
    I think there is a naive belief by SOME MEMBERS to think that anything they post will be believed. Sorry, this is a public forum. Just like in society, you will have to take the good with the bad. If you want to live in a place with no negative confrontations - go to church. If you want to go to a place where everyone will believe you - go see your physiatrist.

Some people are far too sensitive to be posting here. If someone post "Red cars are the fastest.". Be ready to debate that.

If you understand that people from all walks of life come here, then you will be better prepared to handle what people say.

Also, remember. People are not as stupid as you think. There are some very smart people on these boards, so playing them for fools pisses them off.

I spend all my time here in the main forums. That is what this forum is about WHT. So that is where I am. If I want to advertise or pimp business, I will go elsewhere. If I want to talk life, I will not here. I go elsewhere. My point, I am additicted to reading the main forums and what people have to say. From the young 15 year old starting out, to the top dogs - HS and Kevin. You can learn a lot here.

One thing this place has not done is change my beliefs on hosting. We will never lower prices or offer the farm. We don't want customers from WHT, and typically WHT is one of the few places that this is market standard.

Anyway... take care and see you soon.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

im just starting to post at WHT but, its been a great help to me and my hosting biz
    Rave5 Web Solutions
    http://www.rave5.com

?? Red cars ARE the fastest. So I dont know why you even brought that up..

From the young 15 year old starting out, to the top dogs - HS and Kevin. You can learn a lot here
    Hey, ya forgot Tim Greer. That guy actually knows some things I dont. Not much more, but some

There are some very smart people on these boards, so playing them for fools pisses them off.
    No matter what area you discuss, there will usually be someone here that knows that area as well or better than you. So dont try to pull any legs, you'll get kicked...heh. I get help in areas I dont know well, and I help others in areas that I know well. Most people are like that.
    Last edited by Webdude; 09-20-2002 at 02:24 PM.

I browsed this forum for about a year, and joined in march as a member in march 2002. Before finding this forum, I thought all web hosting companies were large companies, with their own datacenters, with their own building, with many staff members.

When I came here, I realized, that alot of companies are ran by your average person, and ran out of their houses.

It basically changed my view of the internet, and now I think anything is possible.

For me this is a great resource. I have a lot of sites hosted across dozens of different hosts. This can make life hard - I do need a lot of hosts and so much info and opinion in one place is excellent.

I know that there are a lot of hosting companies represented here, but that is no problem... at least the ones here are visible... and we all know that plenty are not!

I value WHT and it is what it is because of you lot and your inputs. Thanks.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

* before joining was paying 10$/Mo for WebServices(Hosting, Domain Registration)

I joined WHT
    *Started Paying 10$/ Year

I Surfed WHT
    *Stopped paying

I digged WHT
    *Started getting Money out of it

What would be next?????????
    █ Quickly check if a site is down or not - http://down.is
    █ Remote & easy to use ... down.is/webhostingtalk.com

Because of the WHT, I now know that I will never have a question without an answer. No matter how complicated the issue is, there is always someone here willing to help out. I, for one, think that it's simply amazing.

Boris

You know..This is the wrong forum.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

How has WHT changed you?

Well my popcorn and soda intake had gone up by about 800% other than that I would have to say made some good freinds, learned a thing of two from the members, laughed my ass off hundreds of times while spitting up the above mentioned soda through my nose, killed hundreds if not thousands of helpdesk hours and most important learned how to sniff out the trolls..

I have been in WHT only for the past 2 months . I have had bad and goods experience both .
    Been ripped off as well got some good advices
    http://www.featuredhost.com | mailto: sales@featuredhost.com | ASP.NET-MS SQL-Cold Fusion hosting| Cheap domain registration | MSN : sales@featuredhost.com |

Re: How has WHT changed you?

Originally posted by WebmastTroy
    . . . . . . . . . .
    ------------------
    ------------------
    . . . . . . . . . .
    I've gained 50 pounds.

How has WHT changed you?
    I have gone ™™ mad

Originally posted by Darth

I have gone ™™ mad
    Why yes.

Yes you have.

Lets all say thank you to SoftWareRevue

wonder how WHT, Has changed Chickens life ? he must get so bored....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast