1. Upload your .tgz file to the server and untar it.
2. create the MYSQL database and assign user for that database.
3. navigate to the cgi-bin\include dir and edit the conf.pl file
4. point your browser to http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/install.cgi
and do all the configuration.
5. delete the install.cgi and update.cgi ( if any)
6. point your browser to http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/admin.cgi
The version that I downloaded is PerlDesk 1.5.5 and when I untar it,it all the files default to cgi-bin directory except the images files.