hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Must Read Esolutions Colocation review esnet.com

Forum Jump

Must Read Esolutions Colocation review esnet.com

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Junior Guru

Ok guys i held off doing this for a bit so i could establish some time in the data center to be certain this wasn't a fluke.
Our company was looking to move its cluster from California to tampa. Being a Tampa based company this gave me the opportunity to take a look at some of the potential data centers we would be moving in to. I can say i toured peak10 lvl3 sago switch n data and Esolutions.
Customer Service
I wont comment poorly on the other company's we visited but after we where done it was clear there was only one potential data center for our needs. From a customer service and sales point of view their main guy down there Rick must love abuse Because over the course of 6 months of making this decision he was there helping the entire way. Answering all the smaller detailed questions that always comes up in a data center migration.
Costs
First of all the data center the non over subscribed bandwidth providers the power distribution the awesome support staff allows E-solution's to charge a Hefty premium on their services. But they dont. The $X per megabit is the lowest i have found in Tampa. I will admit it did take a bit of work to get them down to that price point. After the deal was done that didnt stop them from giving. They are giving us managed firewall service with backup of configs. They bought and gave us a nice cisco switch when we found out we would require additional equipment for our needs a (2000 dollar gift) They came down on their managed backup solution.
Talking about bang for your buck wow.
Up time
Starting from the day we moved in we haven't had one hiccup the up time has been perfect Despite several power issues in the area. Which means *gasp* their backup power works and can be counted on in bad weather environments.
They never stop giving
Since our move in they have helped us Find other reputable data centers that can provide us with the service we expect from Esolutions for Disaster recovery. They also contacted thier bandwidth providers to help negotiate better pricing offers for our office bandwidth. So that we can be better connected to our equipment. They would see no additional income helping us achieve this.
We ended up getting a rack with 2x 20 amps of power and a GigE of their bgp blend we filled it full of DL 380s and 320s and we are getting every penny of what we paid for and more.
Its a very enjoyable and feeling knowing that you have a absolutely perfect working relationship with a vendor that keeps the business running. And you didn't have to pay through the nose to get it.
If you have any questions about this company you can contact me rcallicoat[at]accenthealth.com

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hah, the irony of timing; you stole my thunder. I posted a 5-year review of Sago http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=754331 on Saturday and promised to write my first impressions of E-Solutions after our first week was done. I have a few things to add which I'll save for my own thread, to keep the thought train in one place, but I agree that these guys are one of the best kept secrets in the Tampa region. They actually impressed me, which is nearly impossible to do, after all the years of being jaded by broken promises and disappointments with previous colos, and behind-the-scenes experiences at a former employer who was IN the colo business.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Junior Guru

Yea that was the point i was trying to make they do such a fine jub I almost feel guilty calling them up because i feel like should be paying more... Its just not the norm.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

because i feel like should be paying more... Its just not the norm.
Hey, don't give them any ideas.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HostingCon 2013: The Coming Hybrid Wave - Colocation and the Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-06-21 17:12:32
Colocation America Launches Colocation Service for Mac Mini Users Web Hosting News 2013-02-27 16:42:41
Vodien Launches Full Rack Colocation Solution at Singapore Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-12-27 16:07:25
Capital Internet Launches Hybrid Colocation Service at Atlanta Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-12-20 14:20:51
Colocation America Expands Internationally with New Branding and Website Web Hosting News 2012-07-05 13:37:26