Domain name for...

Well me and another person (maily me, however) are starting a small project and need a good domain name...

The project is actually going to be just a web forum, but nonetheless, we still need a domain name.

Topic: Current events and politics

Would like it to be something catchy, but no clue as to what it could be...I'm bad with names

Anyways, thanks for any ideas...

Well it's kinda hard to get ideas in a public forum. Because, once someone posts an idea, it's fair game.
    That being said; have you considered using names based on forum subject? Things like ceapforums.com (for Current Events And Politics Forum)? There are a mess of combinations you can come up with along those lines.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

+speak or +talk

I see ...

You might want something with +talk suffix (just like this forum) or +speak (inspired by George Orwell's doublespeak, it's politics-related, right?)

Just my two cents.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Ah everything's always fair game, no worries there.

But thanks for the tips

I was thinking something like politicsx.net or something. No clue, which is why I'm asking for suggestions, especially since I'm bad with names.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-20-2002 at 08:39 PM.

greyboard.com

There WAS a politicx.com (about Canadian politics), but it was disabled and would probably become available for registration in January 2004!
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-20-2002 at 08:40 PM.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

greyspeak.com

Got it, Radon3k.

How about greyspeak.com which combines grey (not just black and white) and the Orwellian doublespeak? And the best thing is: it's AVAILABLE!

Good luck in your name hunting

nameslave has a thing for grey...How much you wanna bet his comptuer is grey too?

re: greyspeak

If you get greyspeak.com I think you'd also need grayspeak.com to point to it. Very common variation of the spelling.

Old thread I know, but I decided to go with http://www.currentpolitics.com which, btw, is up and running. Thanks for all of the help, it's appreciated!

congratulations on your choice.
    Very nice and appropriate name.