hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Myriad Network Sold?

Forum Jump

Myriad Network Sold?

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM

It's probably a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone here knows what happened to Myriad Network. It appears like as if they've sold off their VPS customers to EMC Telecom and the webhosting customers to sprhost, both of which I've not heard of before. Tickets are also getting responded to from supportcenter.tv which I've also not heard of before especially since Myriad had their own ticketing system in place years ago.
There's currently a small discussion going on between us customers on their forum (http://forums.myriadnetwork.com/showthread.php?p=1543).
The move seems to have happened with really short notice though most of us have not received the email support said they sent.
The email, which I got after asking, states:
In order to continue offering the best in equipment and network practices, we constantly conduct data center audits to keep you, our valued customer, on top of the latest innovation the market can provide.
In keeping with this practice, we have determined the server your VPS is hosted on requires an immediate upgrade to avoid service interruption due to potential hardware failure.
To avoid any potential service degradation and to simply provide you with the fastest solution, we had to schedule an immediate migration to a new server that already meets those performance requirements as previously mentioned to keep you in best practices.
This affects your VPS and this is what you need to be aware of:
- This means that the IP Addresses you were using have been changed.
Your NEW IPs for the VPS are as follows:
Container/VPS Id:
Main IP:
Other IPs:
What will be affected?
- Dedicated IP Addresses:
1. If you are using a dedicated IP address for your website(s), this will need to be changed within your web server application, such as Apache or IIS.
2. If you are running a mail server, you will need to update the IP address that it is running on, as well as any DNS MX records for it. (Let us know if you notice any issues with your mail)
- Private Name Servers:
3. If you are running your own name servers, you will need to update your name server IP Address listing in your registrar (Let us know if you need assistance with this)
4. If you have any domain issues, be sure to let us know so our techs can ensure proper DNS update for all of them.
5. Let us know also if you need any reverse DNS for mail servers on the new IP addresses.
- Programming and Applications:
6. If you have Hardcoded IPs in your websites, they will need to be updated so you donĂ¢Â€Â™t have any broken links due to the DNS update. (You will need to handle this)
7. If you have any applications running that are based on an IP assignment, they will also need to be updated. (You will need to notify us if you notice any issues with your applications)
- What do I need to do now?
8. Be sure to respond to this email and let us know if you have any special issues we need to know about.
9. Your data is intact and the only items updated were your IP addresses. Once the update is complete, you should be good to go.
Thank you for your assistance and please let us know if you have any questions about any of the above items.
Thank you!
Eric
MyriadNetwork.Com
Powered By SupportCenter.TV
but I have a bad feeling that this seems more like a coverup for a host change given that the IP range is completely different and assigned to EMC Telecommunications.
It's a shame considering I've been with Myriad for over 4 years and all the previous contact that I've had with them were exemplary. So yeah, if anyone might have any morsel of information as to what's going on, us Myriad customers would definitely be greatful .

Last edited by sirius; 04-24-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Web Hosting Guru

EMC...........WOW they could not have made a worst decision where there customers were concerned. My experience with EMC was horrible and I have absolutely no respect for any VPS provider who oversells beyond a "reasonable" amount. With EMC my VPS on virtuozzo was already running 400% cpu load at times before I even had a chance to upload my files to there box. EMC did admit the box was "apparently" oversold and after talking with other VPS customers of EMC I found this was not uncommon but merely how they conduct business.
If anyone got moved to EMC I would highly consider looking elsewhere immediately.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM

Looks like they deleted the forum messages. I did not receive the IP address change email, have not received a support response, and cannot access my VPSes.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 PM

Yup, the thread just got deleted. I knew I should've saved it.
kcalkmc started by a new thread here (http://forums.myriadnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=516) asking why the posts had been deleted before going on to looking up the new DNS' but it looks like his post has been edited by Ryan to remove any hint of the previous thread being deleted and the subject renamed to "DNS Updates" (just look at who last edited kcalkmc's post). My post was also deleted.
This all looks very worrying.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 PM

My sites are all still down and I still can't get in.
It seems pretty likely that they were sold, but "Ryan" is continuing to deny it. They're not being fully honest, and the support is slow. Needless to say, I'm shopping for a new provider.
"Ryan":
We're still Myriad, though we've moved our helpdesk and ticket system over to supportcenter.tv.
Regarding the sprhost.cp thing, no clue what the deal is there. I believe when we sent out emails, cPanel made that the from: address. Why? Not sure, still investigating, but I assure you that it's legitimate.
Originally Posted by kanobicomm
The domain name suppportcenter.tv is owned by EMC Telecom, not Myriad and is a ticket system for their clients. So I am confused.
Right; the supportcenter.tv thing is kinda sorta like an outsource of our helpdesk; but just of the actual software and domain name.
It's still staffed by us, just is a bit easier to handle on the backend. Again, everything is still Myriad.
I think they've deleted some of the emails people got, but they seem untruthful too (like minglong's):
In keeping with this practice, we have determined the server your VPS is hosted on requires an immediate upgrade to avoid service interruption due to potential hardware failure.
and someone else said they got an email about running out of disk space.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
& Goliath

//following.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
& Goliath

myriadnetwork.com (204.14.2.187) 56(84) bytes of data.
whois 204.14.2.187
OrgName: EMC TELECOM CORPORATION
OrgID: ETC-87
Address: PO BOX 147,
Address: 4904 S Power Rd, Suite 103
City: Mesa
StateProv: AZ
PostalCode: 85212
NetRange: 204.14.0.0 - 204.14.7.255
CIDR: 204.14.0.0/21
OriginAS: AS32765
NetName: EMCTELECOM-HOSTING-NETWORK
NetHandle: NET-204-14-0-0-1
Parent: NET-204-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: AUTH00.MYRIADNETWORK.COM
NameServer: AUTH01.MYRIADNETWORK.COM
NameServer: NS1.HOSTWITHEMC.COM
NameServer: NS2.HOSTWITHEMC.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2009-01-16
Updated: 2009-01-29
RAbuseHandle: ETAD-ARIN
RAbuseName: EMC Telecom Abuse Desk
RAbusePhone: +1-800-435-4884
RAbuseEmail: abuse@emctelecom.com
RNOCHandle: ETNOC1-ARIN
RNOCName: EMC Telecom Network Operations Center
RNOCPhone: +1-800-435-4884
RNOCEmail: noc@emctelecom.com
RTechHandle: TECHN689-ARIN
RTechName: EMC Telecom Technical Support
RTechPhone: +1-800-435-4884
RTechEmail: support@emctelecom.com
OrgAbuseHandle: ETAD-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: EMC Telecom Abuse Desk
OrgAbusePhone: +1-800-435-4884
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@emctelecom.com
OrgNOCHandle: ETNOC1-ARIN
OrgNOCName: EMC Telecom Network Operations Center
OrgNOCPhone: +1-800-435-4884
OrgNOCEmail: noc@emctelecom.com
OrgTechHandle: TECHN689-ARIN
OrgTechName: EMC Telecom Technical Support
OrgTechPhone: +1-800-435-4884
OrgTechEmail: support@emctelecom.com
Something has changed.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM

I'm not sure if the Ryan that is responding to the Myriad forums is the same Ryan prior to this weekend when all of this started happening. If you look at his past posts, they were far better structured and free of spelling and grammatical errors. Maybe that's just me being paranoid now though.
In one of the newer threads started up, Ryan let slip this:
As for the IP's, yes, they're registered to EMC, as we couldn't secure our own IP space in the new datacenter.
So now we know that we have indeed all been relocated to a new datacenter without any communication beforehand which makes me wonder what this whole "potential hardware failure" excuse was...or was it a convenient coincidence?
Also, Myriad Network went by the name of SecurityMinded Technologies LLC and you can still see the remains of it when you whois my previously assigned IP which I had for a bit over 4 years: 209.8.31.188.
Their physical address has also changed from
SecurityMinded Technologies LLC
37 Pidgeon Hill Drive
Sterling VA, 20165
to a PO box:
MyriadNetwork.com
POBOX 147
4904 S Power Rd
Suite 103
Mesa, AZ 85212
Someone else on the Myriad forum whom I've been keeping in contact via email has also been trying to contact them via all the phone numbers he can find but to no avail.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
& Goliath

Registration Service Provided By: EMC Telecom
Visit: emctelecom.com
Going once, going twice, SOLD!

Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
kcalkmc

Why has there been no News posted by Myriad? You would think that IF it were legit, they would post something, and if this is not legit they would post something. Google picks up this kind of stuff really quickly.
I searched Google and found a post from another customer in her/his private blog posted just 3 hours prior.
Wouldn't you think a Tech Editor at Google would (want to) be all over this?

Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 PM

Care to link us to that person's blog? I'd like to read it.
Maybe they didn't give us any news because they were hoping for a "business as usual" which they may have gotten away with if there was proper notification at least a week in advance that we were migrating to new servers instead of telling us that there was a "potential hardware failure" and push us onto goodness knows what with literally no notice considering the people who posted on the now deleted thread either didn't receive a notification email like myself or received one that was so poorly worded and coming from an unknown address that it was percieved as spam.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
kcalkmc

Actually, Ming or are you Daniel McCoy?
It is the EXACT SAME POST that you started this thread with.
I downloaded both and ran a comparison repiort. Absolutely, no diffferences.
Huummmm ... now I'm wondering who the scammer is.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
WHT Addict

Care to link us to that person's blog? I'd like to read it.
Maybe they didn't give us any news because they were hoping for a "business as usual" which they may have gotten away with if there was proper notification at least a week in advance that we were migrating to new servers instead of telling us that there was a "potential hardware failure" and push us onto goodness knows what with literally no notice considering the people who posted on the now deleted thread either didn't receive a notification email like myself or received one that was so poorly worded and coming from an unknown address that it was percieved as spam.
I had a VPS on VPS4 which dropped at 4:49 AM EST and the only reason it's up currently is because I was able to speak to one of Myriad's reps at around 8:30.. He was able to get the new IP info for me.. However, I'm still migrating the data that I stored on this VPS back onto our network in Ashburn, which is going at a pretty slow pace (1.0 MB/s). Their "new" datacenter is actually in Phoenix, AZ.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The Geek is coming

Everything adds up to the conclusion that they have secretly sold their customer base, which in my opinion is pretty shady business practice.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
WHT Addict

Everything adds up to the conclusion that they have secretly sold their customer base.
Yeah, they really could've made the transition a lot better. They shouldn't have touched their services, kept them in place and improved them. If you submit a support ticket, you get an automated response from SupportCenter.tv, etc.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
NAC Rated Best Technology for Securing Networks and BYOD Scenarios: Poll Web Hosting News 2014-02-05 11:37:52
Defense.Net Launches DDoS Mitigation Solution for Massive Attacks Web Hosting News 2014-01-31 11:05:21
Network Solutions Shut Down Three Iranian Websites, Web.com Disclosure Says Web Hosting News 2013-08-06 12:56:08
Q9 Networks Completes Third Expansion at Calgary Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-04-25 11:32:53
Equinix Building Fourth Data Center in Tokyo to Meet High Demand Web Hosting News 2013-01-10 12:29:28