Does anyone have a good 'form' or 'checklist' for site reviewing?
I was thinking about making a standardized one and using it on site reviews. I looked around the web a bit, but didn't see any, so I started constructing my own. If anyone else has a good one or ideas to ad, I'd like to see it.
Here's what I have so far:
Web Site Review Form
Part 1 : Reviewer Specifications
1) Reviewer Name / Alias:
3) Location (City/State/Country):
4) Connection: (below 56K, 56K, DSL, Cable, ISDN, T1, T3 or higher)
5) Operating System: Unix/Linux, Mac OS?, Windows (type)
6) Browser: NS #, MSIE #, Opera #, AOL #, WebTV, Other
7) Resolution: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, other
8) Date & Time of Review:
Part 2 : Connecting to the Site
1) Approximate length of time from browser entry to first element of site download (connection time):
2) Approximate length of time to fully view the initial page:
3) Loading Errors: (missing graphics / Java errors / 404s / etc)
4) Notes/Comments :
Part 3 : Front Page Overall Impressions
1) Personality: Corporate/Professional, Portal, News, ECommerce, Personal/Family, etc.
2) Eye-Appeal/Appearance: Clean, Cluttered, Kaleidascope/Busy, Awful, etc.
3) Background: None/Solid/Graphic : Text readable? : Agreeable/Too busy/etc.
4) White Space: OK, Too Much (emtpy), Too Little (cluttered)
5) Spam/Irritatins: # Banner Ads / Pop Ups? / Redirections / Blinking Text / Too much animation? / Flash / etc
6) Graphic Appearance: OK, Too much, clashing colors, too large, bad dithers, bad aliasing(jaggeds), etc.
7) Text Appearance: Readable / Too Much / Bad Font / Font Size Too Small or Large / etc.
8) Notes / Comments:
Part 4 : Navigation
1) Type: None , Text , Drop Box , Image Rollover , Image Map , Java based , DHTML/CSS Based , other
2) Use: Easy/Logical , Difficult
3) Notes / Comments:
Part 5 : Other
1) Contact Info on page: For Site Owner? For Site Designer/Maintainer?
2) Notes / Comments:
Part 6 : Conclusion
1) Overall rating from 1 (worse) to 10 (great):
What do you all think?
I think it would be nice to make it into a web based form that can be filled in and emailed/submitted.