A review for a rejected website

Hi,

This is a web design that I've recently completed. The agreement with the client was that I'd show him what I could come up with and then he would pay me. That hasn't happened yet and if the client finally makes the decision that he doesn't want it then I've basically got sell this design at a lower price.

Before I get it ready and make it all generic, I wanted some opinions from you guys about what you thought of the design. In particular I'm looking for things I can improve on it.

Bear in mind the style was supposed to be extremely corporate. The design colours/style was a personal choice/accident!

design: http://www.entertainmentdaily.net/blccdsite.gif

Thanks,
    Husain Fazel

Looks really nice. I wouldn't change anything, honestly. Unless you want to do a bit of color tweaking.

VERY nice!
    If the client doesn't want it, I may consider buying it for our corporate identity site.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

It's nice... maybe a bit text heavy?

But that's not a major problem... it's still nice.

THe picture of racks is audio equipment not servers.....
    Just thought id note that since its a internet site not audio related....

Originally posted by Rich2k
    It's nice... maybe a bit text heavy?

But that's not a major problem... it's still nice.
    I agree with the above statement.

Where would the company name/logo go? Under the small menu, top right?

very nice design

Good Design.

When i make sites, what i hate most is finding pictures :\
    I can't just search on google, cuz it might be copyrighted, that's just a pain, it's better if you have your clients provide the pictures, then you just work on the rest of the site.
    Limbo Designs - The Future of Design
    Affordable Web/graphic design solution.
    www.limbo-designs.com
    Founder, Mathew Chan

I like it a lot, looks very good.

Very nice.
    Is the sub-menu (on the left: our companies...) going to open on the picture and in the middle (almost) of the page? I wouldn't do that but otherwise very nice.

I am not extremely corporate, but the main thing seems to be the colors as you already seem to know. The site looks a bit dark and too gold to me. I messed with it a bit:
    http://www.xsenses.com/blccdsiter1.gif

This 'new' version is nice too except I don't like greys of the menus

wonderful design. I love it.

The design looks good. Are you going to make the header also. It will look better with it.

Hi,

Thanks for the positive reviews guys. I'd like to make a quick note about the images. I didn't realize the picture of the racks was of audio equipment, thanks for pointing that out Ninji. However the photos were only placeholders. I was waiting for the client to give me actual photos of his data centre. I wanted photos of the building exterior, a desk and the actual racks which is why I found similar photos and used them. The photos are from istockphoto.com.

I wanted to have a three colour scheme. Hence I have the light and dark grays with tints of orange. I've used them in previous designs and find the that tints of orange complement darker grays. But most people have said the colours need work... i'll try something else maybe.

Finally, CyanSmoker, if you're interested in buying the design from me, please private message or email me and we can talk about it. I will be letting it go much cheaper seeing as I have no use for it.

Very nice.