Thumbs up Win2K Remote Admin

We own a full rack in a datacenter nearby and I'm used to administering my remote servers through a dual-firewall installation with a secure tunnel between them. But now I'm deploying a light duty Web server in another city and don't have the luxury of employing such a configuration. Therefore, I've been searching for a remote administration solution.

I considered RADMIN and VNC, as well as the possibility of using GotoMyPC as solution. Finally I've decided: I'm most comfortable with the features and security of PC Anywhere by Symantec. While VNC is free (and free is ALWAYS nice) I was able to find an online retailer that is selling PC Anywhere 10.5 host and remote for $9.99 with free shipping. That made the decision easy.

Any thoughts on my decision?
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I've tried them all, many many times, and always come back to PC Anywhere. Decent features, decent performance and decent pricing. PCA for $9.99 is cheap, make sure you grab a couple.

Modesto, CA
    3,414 used it for years, has NT security and tunneling, one PC can act as a host for another.

It has clipboard pasting and fetching, file sends, works smoother and faster than WinVNC

Remote admin I think fits on a floppy also.
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

san diego
    why not just use terminal services built into Windows 2000?

When I administrated our Win2k Server I just used Windows 2000 Terminal Services. You can also make a VPN between u'r own pc and te server and make de terminal session trough the VPN. Works great.

I shouldn't use VNC, but if you want to use a tool instead of TS I'll go for RAdmin.

St. Louis, MO
    You can also make a VPN between u'r own pc and te server and make de terminal session trough the VPN
    Not really necessary as the TS session is already encryted
    Mike @ 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"