AllFloydian Guest
    I recently was going through my StumbleUpon account and came to yallstock.com. At first, it appears to be a discount on-line store but investigating a little bit... it appears to be a fraud site.
    First indication: Quite a lot of their products show $0.00 as prices. Then indicate it's a $5.00 flat fee to ship the product.
    Second indication: When you checkout (with your free product) they want you to "Money Order Only" (even though they claim to accept HSBC Bank, Paypal, Credit Cards etc...) to:
    Mail your payment to:
    YallStock.com
    Caiyun Ge 6C,Caihong Xindu,Futian South Road
    ShenZhen,Guangdong
    China
    Tex:086-591-87540760
    Fax:086-591-87540761
    On their website they claim to opened their doors in 2002, but in another place it says 2008 (in a heavily typo sentence).
    Third indication: Once you do sign up, there is a templated thank you page, that looks quite micky-mouse(ish).
    Both domains are being hosted by a company out of Orem, Utah called: www.HostMonster.com
    ----------------
    Technical Info: (FAST-12785295)
    HostMonster.Com, POWERFUL WEB HOSTING - 1500 GB Disc - 15,000 GB Transfer
    HostMonster.com INC
    1215 North Research Way Suite #Q 3500
    HOST UNLIMITED DOMAINS *FREE*
    Hosting Accounts starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
    Orem, Utah 84097
    United States
    Phone: +1.8017659400
    Fax..: +1.8017651992
    Email: support@hostmonster.com
    Last modified: 2008-04-03 23:04:46 GMT
    ------------------
    They also own a www.YallStore.com. I've seen quite a few customer complaints of people actually sending money orders, and (obviously) never receiving any products.
    I'm going to give them a call and see what their reaction is to hosting a fraudulent website, or so it appears to be.
    ----------------------------
    Although to keep this honest, their eBay store looks more legit: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=yallstock&ftab=AllFeedback

Thanks for the heads-up. $0 prices would seem to be suspicious, unless they somehow made money on the $5 shipping/handling fee.
    -mike

3. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com