Ded - Reseller move..

I currently have a plesk server and I am thinking of moving off it. I currently have a full ded server but I am not wanting to manage it etc as its being more bother than its worth.... So I am considering but not totally going for moving to a reseller account.

Basicly I have a few questions....

How hard is it to move from server to server.
    Would moving to CPanel or the like be very hard.
    Is there any Hosting companies that will do it for me, I am willing to pay decent amount of money.

Just need a few sugestions... I am not a big fan of plesk cause its a headache managing the server so I'm a bit more pro cpanel my only problem would be all the path's in scripts would need to be changed on my client's side..

So has anyone any experiance of doing this and does anyone recomand any company(s) for this..

There's not many files or domains to actually move 20 - 30 or so just need all sql database's in tact etc and setup.

Also how hard is it to change the IP's of your nameservers

Hi there,

Well - with cpanel there is an "account copy" function which would move all the accounts for you if you have do have root access on the machine (im assuming you do)

Im not really sure on the script changes.. but im sure that it wouldnt be much. Common paths should stay the say, such as path to perl...

Ip's for names servers are not hard to change at all.. its just a simple email to your register once they have been changed locally.

Of course, if you have any questions just gimme a shout and i'll be more than happy to help.

Craig.
    GURU Cloud Hosting and Managed Dedicated Servers and Colocation at Centro, Hemel Hempstead.
    All supported by our own onsite team.

Re: Ded - Reseller move..

I don't think there is authomatic save on Plesk to CPanel, so changes should be made manually.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

So I won't need root on the machine I am moving to then? Just a simple CPanel copy function does it ?. Will this move SQL database's and all file's to. I can move files manually easily enough just worried about the database's and moving them over

Originally posted by Craig
    Hi there,

Well - with cpanel there is an "account copy" function which would move all the accounts for you if you have do have root access on the machine (im assuming you do)

Im not really sure on the script changes.. but im sure that it wouldnt be much. Common paths should stay the say, such as path to perl...

Ip's for names servers are not hard to change at all.. its just a simple email to your register once they have been changed locally.

Of course, if you have any questions just gimme a shout and i'll be more than happy to help.

Craig.

You will indeed need root on both box's. From what I gather, It does work yes. We moved around 150 accounts from one server to another without any problems, this was Cpanel > Cpanel however..

But yes, it to move all the files, sql settings, email etc.

Craig.
    GURU Cloud Hosting and Managed Dedicated Servers and Colocation at Centro, Hemel Hempstead.
    All supported by our own onsite team.