Thread: Frontdrive.com

Frontdrive.com

Does anyone know anything about, or use http://www.frontdrive.com for webhosting?

Looks like they have a pretty good package available but they seem to be pretty new. Just wondering if anyone had first hand experience with them yet.

nobody else has heard of them then I take it...

its not pretty new and i have seen good comments about frontdrive
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

I signed up with them last night

Things were going pretty smooth untill this morning when I attempted to login to CP5 and found the following message:

Sorry for the inconvience!
    The root partition on this server is running out of disk space. Cpanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

That was at 6 am this morning. I put in a critical support ticket. It's now 2 PM and I have yet to hear back from them and the mesage is still there.

All in all, not a real good start.....

Ouch!!!

Damn. Please keep me posted as I am interested in keeping tabs on the situation.

I appreciate it.

Re: I signed up with them last night

Originally posted by wspurlock
    Things were going pretty smooth untill this morning when I attempted to login to CP5 and found the following message:

[snip]

The cause for that problem was somewhat bizarre which resulted in the long amount of time it took to fix. Everything is running smoothly again on the server you're on and I appologize for the inconvenience.

Even though our uptime guarantee only covers actual server/network downtime, if you would like compensation due to the amount of time that you were unable to log in to CPanel, please send me an email at jeremy@frontdrive.com and you will be taken care of.
    Last edited by tribby; 09-18-2002 at 04:01 PM.
    Jeremy » jeremy@frontdrive.com
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Problem solved

FrontDrive did fix that problem and things are running nice and smooth right now. And to be fair I did state the time that I put the ticket in wrong, but that was not intentional. It went around 8 am, not 6 as I said.

Everyone is gonna have some problems from time to time and they just happened to have one as I was starting up with them.

Coming off of a really bad experience with another host that was not what I needed to see right now and I likely panicked somewhat.

Anyway, outside of that I'd have to say that they have been good to work with, I had a number of questions to ask them before setting up the account and they responded quickly and fully.

Originally posted by RackFive
    its not pretty new and i have seen good comments about frontdrive
    The reason I said I thought they were pretty new was because on their ABOUT US page it said they were started in early 2002. Thats less then a year.

I just figured that was relatively young for a company. Not that that is good or bad in and of itself. Just saying....

BTW glad to hear they got it resolved for ya!