Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any other PowWeb customers left high & dry??

PowWeb has been a good host, and considering the price a really good deal. They have, however, made a major changeover (moved all of their servers over to another facility) and have had the expected delays in DNS propogation, etc.

However, they made this change with only two day's notice. At the moment, they have their main name server down, and the last time i could get into their support forum, there was no recent word on when these problems would be fixed (or even acknowedgement that they were having a name server problem).

Hint to hosting companies: It's MUCH LESS FRUSTRATING if you just let us know what's going on... 'fess-up!!

So, any other PowWeb users out there havinh the same problem, or has their name server only dropped my domain??
      0 Not allowed!

Yes absolutely. They moved Sunday, they did not send a message to tell their customers that the move was pending. They now say that they did send an email. Well, if a company can't figure out how to send an email, how can they be expected to know how a server works.

Then this morning my site was down for many hours. Not one acknowledgement from them.

Don't worry, they will send their minion moderators over here to defend them as they always do.

Powweb is famous for their complete lack of customer support. It is shameful.

I do not know why they think moving will solve their problems. The server I was on was almost flawless when it came to availability. Now, in the past two days there has been more than 12 hours of downtime not to mention email and FTP outages.

Steer clear of this company.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't worry, they will send their minion moderators over here to defend them as they always do.
    They try. Then the Monkey-man (or whatever the name is - I just remember 'monkey' because that is how he acts) fool gets spanked and sent back to his warm, happy place.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down Stay away from POWWEB

My site was down for 2 days and there was no response from their so-called support team. I had no choice but to change web hosting. Unfortunately, I paid a year in advance and only used 4 and a half months. I'm sure I gave them a good laugh when I asked to be refunded the difference. As a web master, I have several sites spread out over different web hosts. From now on, I'm only going to pay monthly. POWWEB has taught me an important lesson.
      0 Not allowed!

What some companies do is that they will usually work it out with you that say...

Month to month is 10 dollars a month. or 120 dollars a year
    A year in advance is 7.50 a month or 90 dollars a year

If you quit after say about 4 Months but already paid 90 dollars, they will charge you 4 Months @ 10 Dollars a month and refund the difference of 50 dollars a month.
    Walter Landman
    Simplicato - Email Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

There is absolutely no way to contact Powweb. Their phone support is down, their forum is down, they do not answer email, they do not answer requests for support. That includes the billing department.
      0 Not allowed!

PowWeb is the WORST webhosting company I have ever been with. My account at PowWeb is expiring in the next month and I by no way will prolong it. I have had my site down at PowWeb for days (their promise of 99.7% uptime is a total BS).

BTW they always turn off their user forum during these countless downtimes (you can reach this forum, but all you can see is a PowWeb's notification that the forum is "temporarily unavailable"). Also they are momentarily deleting all messages in their forum that report about any problems with their services.

AVOID POWWEB BY ANY MEANS!!!
      0 Not allowed!

You are right, they delete anything negative from their forum and ban anyone who posts negativity. I had my home IP banned and then was slandered by the admin as to the reason.

Please understand that I am not just bashing them. I had a good server and I have been pleased with the speed of that server. My biggest problem was their lack of advertised Webstats and no customer support. Of course now, there is a major downtime issue and the fact that they will not respond to their own offer to refund my money.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh boy...now it's only a matter of time before that monkey guy shows up yelling at everyone...
      0 Not allowed!

hmm why did the dns take time to propagate?

Surely they only changed their name server IP's - That does not take 2 days to propagate and requires no modifications to be done by clients either.. Maybe they couldn't do it that way for some reason..
      0 Not allowed!

Please remember if you have true issues with PowWeb you can dispute any Credit Card billings with your credit card companies. Cash you are out of luck.

I have yet to hear from PowWeb concerning anything! No matter how inexpensive your service is you can not keep customers by ignoring them, making yourself unavailable for questions, or deleting negativity from the forums so you can attract more people to take advantage of.

There product is pretty good as far as I can see but the customer service is not to be believed!
      0 Not allowed!

From their dns zone it looks like they have no clues.. The products only good when it's online isn't it
      0 Not allowed!

I have a client who moved over to me from PowWeb, I do not think however that he was effected by the current probelms, but I do not know.
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting...

Umm... Alot of local people I've talked to told me they use them, and were happy and didn't want to switch to me...

Maybe it is time to give them another visit...

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
    www.sms-hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting
    www.sms-telecom.com - Low cost long distance/800 Service!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Stay away from POWWEB

Originally posted by munk
    From now on, I'm only going to pay monthly. POWWEB has taught me an important lesson.
    Good advice there!!!
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

Umm... Alot of local people I've talked to told me they use them, and were happy and didn't want to switch to me...

Maybe it is time to give them another visit...
    You prowler you
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dotcomsnz

You prowler you
    Well, it's local people, and I want to help out in my community as much as possible. That is why I've pretty much reserved my free accounts to only local clients.

But, of course it only makes good business sense. You help out the community, and the community pays you back.

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
      0 Not allowed!

PowWeb sucks. Dont touch them with a 39 1/2' pole!
      0 Not allowed!

Well I have seen it all now! In their latest response they submit that WE the freaking customer are to BLAME for their inability to respond to customers!!

Yep, just read their latest BS in the forum, wrote a response that never showed, went down a post and the heading was READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST warning us to keep our mouths shut or else!

Responded, started new thread since these two didn't show up and now the forums are being MAINTAINED...translation they are getting holy heck over their inability to respond to customers!!!!!!!

Now tell me this if everyone was kept so apprised of everything why are they complaining that people used all the email addresses available to try and get through to them.

Hell hath no fury like a customer BLAMED!!!
      0 Not allowed!

umbilly, i can't find your website! hosting w/ powweb are ya?
      0 Not allowed!

pretty sure his site is a joke
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by fcsnc
    umbilly, i can't find your website! hosting w/ powweb are ya?
    Goodie. Look whos back. It the defender of the POWWEB free world. DUN DUN DUNT - fcsnc

Glad to see you back. Did you enjoy your downtime at POWWEB?

No. I wouldn't host with these fools because their owners are unprofessional and act like children (post here prove that) and some of their customers (buddies like you) defend for no reason and try to blame other customers for POWWEBs issues. I choose hosting based off of things like honesty, upfrontness, customer service, and support. By reading post here, they don't meet this requerment. Since they work for you, give them a high five.

Take care little buddy.

Note to people who are lost ( fcsnc), my site is a joke. 99.99% would have noticed that simply by the fact the domain extension is .edu. Sorry you missed it. Next time I'll PM you when I do so, just to keep you in the loop.
      0 Not allowed!

lol umbilly that is too funny.

Pojo, of course it is your fault, you are a customer. Powweb is perfect just ask them they will tell you.

What I could gather from the first email I ever received from them this morning is that they, the ones who boast "the perfect webhosting solution, " does not have the personnel to handle the normal everyday work load decided to take all of their servers down at once, and move them, rather than try one or two at a time to see how to do it.

They just confirmed what we, who have tried to deal with them on a professional level has known all along. THEY HAVE NO MANAGEMENT!

Disclaimer: For the record Pojo dear, I know it was not your fault.
      0 Not allowed!

huh?

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Goodie. Look whos back. It the defender of the POWWEB free world. DUN DUN DUNT - fcsnc

Glad to see you back. Did you enjoy your downtime at POWWEB?

Take care little buddy.
    Um....umbilly, one of 2 things is going on here, either:
    (1) You haven't had enuf coffee yet today; or
    <<Removed: Rudeness will nto be tolerated>>

Unlike you, I have actual Powweb experience. I last enjoyed my downtime last winter, when I bailed. Don't you remember Mr Monkey recalling that I couldn't handle it, and I had to remind him that it was Powweb who couldn't keep me?

Note to people who are lost ( fcsnc), my site is a joke. 99.99% would have noticed that simply by the fact the domain extension is .edu. Sorry you missed it. Next time I'll PM you when I do so, just to keep you in the loop. [/B]
    Again, you miss the point. This was my sly way of asking you to PM me with your actual website so I could consider future business relationships. But I'm no longer interested, so go somewhere else.
    Last edited by Chicken; 09-20-2002 at 09:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

oh god, PowWeb. I almost considered them 4 months ago. NOT. They're one of them huge hosting companys who dont have
    (1) Qulified Personnel
    (2) Personnel Period
    (3) Knowlege (all they do is let a few guys setup some stuff then they depend on their scripts to do the rest)

etc. Thats why you always go with the smaller hosts, that have the capabiltys since they may only have 50-60 customers, or like me, 7. Personaly i like a host that will interact with you. And the last time i got my spambot for PowWeb powered up they called me an internet terrorist. hahaha, Anyways its only a matter of time b4 their legion of mods get here. watch the thread grow from 2 pages to 8...
    Last edited by deltawolf; 09-19-2002 at 03:37 PM.
    Rave5 Web Solutions
    http://www.rave5.com
      0 Not allowed!

Angry It Gets Worse!

It's bad enough not refunding my money for services never rendered, but just a little while ago I noticed the small print at the bottom of my account page with PowWeb! It says,"When a package or service reaches its renewal date, the renewal fee will be charged to this account." In other words, they plan on ripping me off as long as they can get away with it. At first glance, there's no place on my account page to void the automatic renewal, let alone cancel my account. Once I calmed down a bit I was finally able to find the cancellation link. If they act like professionals and give me a refund, I'll post a message. As a webmaster I deal with several web hosting companies (I don't put my eggs all in one basket), PowWeb is in a class all by itself.
    Last edited by munk; 09-19-2002 at 06:52 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: It Gets Worse!

Originally posted by munk
    It's bad enough not refunding my money for services never rendered, but just a little while ago I noticed the small print at the bottom of my account page with PowWeb! It says,"When a package or service reaches its renewal date, the renewal fee will be charged to this account." In other words, they plan on ripping me off as long as they can get away with it. There's no place on my account page to void the automatic renewal, let alone cancel my account. As a webmaster I deal with several web hosting companies (I don't put my eggs all in one basket), PowWeb is in a class all by itself.
    very true. but there are classes of webhosting

1. Great (what a great host!)
    2. Good (good host)
    3. Ok (ehh sorta sucks)
    4. Bad (God man, its bearable but they suck)
    5. Worse (Just plain bad, but ill stay)
    6. Horrible (Im switching ASAP!!)
    7. Pow (I dont even need to say)

add or edit that list as u like. i just threw it together
    Rave5 Web Solutions
    http://www.rave5.com
      0 Not allowed!

Re: huh?

(2) Your Mom is a Big Fat Bitch.

<snip>

Again, you miss the point. This was my sly way of asking you to PM me with your actual website so I could consider future business relationships. But I'm no longer interested, so go somewhere else.
    Actually it is B. But you knew that since she pays you for sex. She likes bald men with small penises for some reason. She is just crazy like that.

Well, it has to be done. Since Umbillycordhost.edu lost the chance to do business with fcsnc, we will need to fold shop. I am sorry. It was a fun run.... fairwell my clients...
    ------------

You can try to cover your foolish post, but we know you actually though Umbillycordhost.edu was a real host and was down. So your little insult backfired. But that is ok. Fools are needed to entertain the masses.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually it is B. But you knew that since she pays you for sex. She likes bald men with small penises for some reason. She is just crazy like that.
    I think your wife (who must have come up with that description, because mine knows better) has me confused with someone else.

Well, it has to be done. Since Umbillycordhost.edu lost the chance to do business with fcsnc, we will need to fold shop.
    Thank you for releasing that domain name !! As the holder of a Master's Degree and being in the ::ahem:: training business and having over 21 years in the computing profession, I now plan to license UMBILLYCORDHOST.EDU and make a fabulous living for myself.

Oh, and I'm glad we cleared up the Powweb situation ... or (since you didn't mention it in your post) do you still need that second cup (pot?) of coffee?

Ummm ?? Umbilly?
      0 Not allowed!

I think your wife (who must have come up with that description, because mine knows better) has me confused with someone else.

Thank you for releasing that domain name. As the holder of a Master's Degree and being in the ::ahem:: training business and having over 21 years in the computing profession, I now plan to license UMBILLYCORDHOST.EDU
    HA HA. A Masters Degree??? With those childish insults. Did you get your degree from the back of your box of Lucky Charms? Those are not real you know.
      0 Not allowed!

HA HA. A Masters Degree??? With those childish insults. Did you get your degree from the back of your box of Lucky Charms? Those are not real you know.
    Now, just to clarify (or maybe I'm a little dense here) ... your last two posts have had ????? to do with Powweb?
      0 Not allowed!

* Nuff said....

Ok guys, before this gets into a shootn' match...

Let's bring it all back to powoweb, or however they spell the thing...

Let's talk about.... Flowers, yeah, flowers!

And Dogs! Yeah, dogs! Did I mention we have 4 dogs?! Yup, 1 Golden (My Boy), 2 Retired Racing Greyhounds, and a new addition of an Italian Greyhound Puppy!!!!

Now, see, isn't THAT much better?

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
      0 Not allowed!

(2) Your Mom is a Big Fat Bitch.
    Thats just disgracefull

Masters degree in insults huh?
      0 Not allowed!

Thats just disgracefull

Masters degree in insults huh?
    My Master's Degree is in Latin. Unlike Umbilly, I have nothing to hide.

As for you, you're off-topic.

Powweb sucks! [ staying on-topic ]

Now, back to you, Dotcomxnz .... He called me Cartman, so I called him Kyle. Are you dense, or do you just want to play with me too? I'm not leaving ....
      0 Not allowed!

hehe, No I'm not dense at all - Thank you for including me in your insults I really felt left out, you made my day

Now what did that have to do with the topic... or do you just want the thread closed or deleted or something ??

btw.. I won't be back to answer any more of your slights
      0 Not allowed!

hehe, No I'm not dense at all - Thank you for including me in your insults I really felt left out, you made my day

Now what did that have to do with the topic... or do you just want the thread closed or deleted or something ??

btw.. I won't be back to answer any more of your slights
    It was not I who jumped in here and insulted you, Steve. The mods can do as they please, but I can see you're not interested in the topic.
      0 Not allowed!

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by lightnin
    Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
    Wow... Latin... Thought that was DEAD?!

AND WHO GOES OUT AND GETS THERE MASTERS IN LATIN!?!?!?

I mean COME ON!!!! I'm sorry, what, are you like 45 years old and still in college?!?! Ran out of Majors?!?!?!

Sorry... Had to... Too much catholicisim in me I guess...

And NO I don't mean priests.

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Santoman

Wow... Latin... Thought that was DEAD?!

I mean COME ON!!!! I'm sorry, what, are you like 45 years old and still in college?!?! Ran out of Majors?!?!?!

Sorry... Had to... Too much catholicisim in me I guess...

And NO I don't mean priests.

Steve
    tum podem extulit horridulum

oh...and my personal favorite...one either for the signature or for many posts in the advertising forum:

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium (There is no free lunch)
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Santoman

<snip>

<snip>

Steve
    LOL. I would bet some hick from NC who runs a 2-bit, rip off Consulting Firm that got (gets) picked on growing up. That way when he is teased, he can feel good by speaking in something no one gives a sh** about. Like Pig Latin.

Just a guess.

This guy is a classic. Not only does he get fired as a modirator from a chump host, he comes here and flings 2 year-old insults. Getting fired from POWWEB as a mod is like one of the three stooges getting fired by the other two. You must be a real piece of work. (Actually this is verified over time with each post you submit).
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast