girlfriend situation

only vote/ reply if you read this whole thing.

------

ok anyhow i known this dude lets call his name john and say we been really cool friends for a while now.

so i decided to go cruising with him and this girl he was drop dead like in love with we'll call her karen.

ok so anyhow i ride up there in karens car she is really attractive probably and 8-10 anyhow it was fun cruising around.

i told her that i really liked her and was currious about the movies with her and she said you mean you like me? i said yea she said i feel the same i thought you hated me.

so anyhow had the hardpart out of the way or so i thought.

you remember the guy? (john) was'nt thinking clearly well he's like in love with this girl and he's my friend and i met her with him lol.

ok so story goes on she ready to tell john she don't like him and wants get more serious with me and i'm like NO dont you'll ruin my friendship with him etc....
    i said stuff like bros> ho's lol

anyhow she was so upset i changed my mind but hey did'nt know what else to do.

so anyhow we still talk a little and i finally convinced her to kinda go out with john and he turns like phsyco on her saying he loves her and on the phone 24/7 constantly and that he's obsessed with her so she says stay away so anyhow that brings us to this past weekend.

i was riding around with another buddy of mine and i was like yo i wanna go drive karens car.

he's like ok cool call her up anyhow i call her she said ya come by my house so i did and we go cruising (me driving lol) anyhow we hang out a big me , my buddy brett, and her karen.

so we get ready to leave brett is like dude she is ****ing hot man hook me up i'm like nah i'm interested in her man

anyhow thats all he talks about for a while so that tells ya a little.

she is ready to get more serious for sure she was so mad when i decided against getting more seroius so i know she wants to.

----

so question is should i get more serious now that things between (john and karen ) have split?

and she's goin out to movie or cruisin with my friday already since her cars in shop

let me know what you think.

No, don't do it.
    Not enough time has passed for either John or Karen to think rationally about the posibility of a relationship between you and Karen.
    She could just be using you for as number of reasons:
    To distance her realationship with him.
    To make him jealous.
    To prove that she can 'have' whoever she wants.
    To prove she can do whatever she wants.
    To prove she can do better than him.

John, of course sounds like the clingy insecure type, and going out with someone he had feelings for might cause him to act very irrational.
    Clingy people are always hard to shake because they put more value in a relationship than there is to start with, and then they get mad the the other person hasn't grown to 'love' them as much as they think they 'love' the other.
    They can't just have a freindship with women, because they put women on a higher level than themsleves. Then they go nuts trying to control the situation.

Myself, I would stay away from both of them.
    You have to have a few more mature friends than those two. Who cares how hot she is? Fire is hot too, and I don't see you jumping into the fire and not getting burned.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

well see they were'nt never really dating or anything just talking about getting more serious when he scared her away and i pushed her to date him so that he'd be happy when she liked me but did'nt wanna friendship.

anyhow i'm all ears
    anyone else?

/edit not like she's just trying to get anyone she can i hav'nt even talked to her about it and she liked me before any of the talking with john.

Personally, and I am speaking from personal experiance. STAY AWAY...

Not good idea. If you and Karen really are meant for each other than you can wait for some time to pass and things to happen first.

Trust me. STAY AWAY....
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Don't do it , it will ruin your friendship, ive seen it happen too many times

Heck! Go for it! I know what that situation is like, it'll work out.

<post edited 'cos the boss wasn't happy>
    Last edited by ice53ltd; 09-18-2002 at 10:00 AM.
    hosting53.com - the hosting solutions company

Go for it.
    I got obsessed with this girl once and i got into loads of trouble and it cost me over 1 thousand pounds.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Are you and John still pretty good friends??
    dBforums.com - Database design, development and administration.

Hey zac,

Could i get my friends at loveforum.net to reply to your question. I think he could give you a valuable answer. For me, i am not that good ..i fear i give the wrong and not good answer. So, i would pass your questions to my friends.

I am also going for a movie.

Why not tell John your interested in the girl, and see what he says about you and her hooking up.
    Vortech, Inc.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com
    sales@matrixreseller.com

Ummm seriously I have no clue how old you are but I got over being jealous of someone getting with some girl I could not get with.. I would say if you are over 17 go for it.. if your 17 or younger dont bother because guys are a little emotional at that age..

Originally posted by JonB
    Are you and John still pretty good friends??
    i hav'nt really been hangin around him much lately so not really sure as like i said hav'nt seen him much at all lately.

Originally posted by kaz
    Hey zac,

Could i get my friends at loveforum.net to reply to your question. I think he could give you a valuable answer. For me, i am not that good ..i fear i give the wrong and not good answer. So, i would pass your questions to my friends.
    loveforum.net dont work

Originally posted by MatrixRS
    Why not tell John your interested in the girl, and see what he says about you and her hooking up.
    if he acting as wierd as she says lol not sure i wanna do that, i just had a car fall on me and i can't be fighting for a few years to come until this plate molds to my skull

I wouldnt do it..

Originally posted by peteny
    I wouldnt do it..
    give reasons?

They say that gf/bf come and go in your life but a good friend is there forever. Is she worth losing whatever kind of friendship you might have? What will you do if he goes postal on you? I've always made a point of not dating my friends toss aways and vice versa, it's just not worth it.

I have been there and honestly suggest you keep away if you can, as the more complicated a relationship gets, the harder things can be, and you could end up really badly off in a few months time. It's just not worth it, there's plenty of fish in the sea, look for another whilst you can, because the deeper you get pulled into this one, the more it plays on your emotions, and the harder it is to cope with breaking up if it happens. And you don't just stand to potentially lose the girl, but also your friend, and friendship is something you should never let slip if you can possibly help it.

k i'll probably just stay friends then and still take her cruising and movies etc... but as nothing more then friends

thanks for advice

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be... no need to rush things. It might be John will lose interest and go off looking elsewhere leaving you and Karen free to do what you want. Just go with the flow and see what happens

If nothing does happen, then at least you haven't messed up your life by getting into a complicated relationship that's going to wreck your friendship with at least one person.

Originally posted by benoire
    If it's meant to be, it's meant to be... no need to rush things. It might be John will lose interest and go off looking elsewhere leaving you and Karen free to do what you want. Just go with the flow and see what happens

If nothing does happen, then at least you haven't messed up your life by getting into a complicated relationship that's going to wreck your friendship with at least one person.
    I agree, i'll just stay friends with them both and that way no friendships are lost

anywho thanks for advice

I'd ask john straight out if he has a problem with it. Of course he'll feel wierd, but he may think she's some psycho now.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

nah i see now that i should stay friends that way i dont lose any friends in the end where may end up losing both if asked her

thanks everyone