Arrow OucH! who ripped who?

OUCH

http://www.homelanxtreme.com/index.php

http://lab1.jarvisgroup.net/

Jarvis is a multi-million dollar company. And Homelan has a better site. I am going to have to go with Jarvis ripping homelan on this one.

yeah i would say it looks like it .. mainly because the homelan has a alright pagerank on googles toolbar.. and the other one is greyed out.. but i could be wrong
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

I will go with Jarvis as the rip, the homelan one just looks like it was and is the original, dont know why....
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Thats a pretty embarrasing rip!
    One says "copywrite" theirname, and another says "site desgin and contents" theirname. hmmmm. So they are both claiming ownership.
    Somebody aught to be ashamed of themselves.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Hmm, i don't know. They are both too well done to be copied IMO. It could be a paid template or it could be the same designer who designed the template and sold a different color version to each? But copied? I don't think so. If you look under their names (MAIN welcome to HomeLAN Xtreme and <Arrow>J-LABS), the lines are intact, untouched under where the name of the other should has been. Of course they can be good copier, but it looks more template to be, i don't know Maybe i'm wrong too
    You may not love me but you will respect me!

I am going to have to say they both used the same template or both got ripped by the same designer.
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Looks to me like Jarvis ripped it

That's a template i think.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Originally posted by ned patter
    That's a template i think.
    LOL

Originally posted by Darth

LOL
    What are you laughing at now?, is this some kind of disability you have?, i have looked up that disability and it's a bad one .

Laughing at you

I only suggested it was a template.

I'm seeing double..

Why ummm... doncha email them and ask? Guessing only gets you so far...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

ya jarvis ripped it

This is what one of their top dogs said on their corporate forums:

"I'm not sure what you're concerned about. The pages aren't that similar to me; I am not a programmer. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, but if they borrowed from JEG, I don't think it bothers us. It happens all the time. If the situation is reversed, and the homelanextreme was in existence first, then I don't know what to tell you. It's possible one was used as inspiration or as an example of a good site, but it doesn't seem to be near as sensational as your headline, the implication in the body of your post, nor the reason for you to register to post on this board. Imitation is a sincere form of flattery in most cases, that's how we perceive it."

Originally posted by phpcoder

"I'm not sure what you're concerned about. The pages aren't that similar to me; I am not a programmer. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, but if they borrowed from JEG, I don't think it bothers us. It happens all the time. If the situation is reversed, and the homelanextreme was in existence first, then I don't know what to tell you. It's possible one was used as inspiration or as an example of a good site, but it doesn't seem to be near as sensational as your headline, the implication in the body of your post, nor the reason for you to register to post on this board. Imitation is a sincere form of flattery in most cases, that's how we perceive it."
    That's arrogance for ya...

Smile

The pages aren't that similar to me

he's got to be kidding right...

what a liar.

at first i wasnt going to post and give them the benefit of the doubt, but if he's going to say the designs aren't even the same and he doesn't care if homelanextreme did copied it, then i'm sure it was JAG who did the ripping here.

I hope he's typing w/ one hand and talking on the phone w/ his lawyer on the other...

He's missing a nice settlement from Jarvis here if he passes it up.
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Originally posted by aragon

what a liar.
    at first i wasnt going to post and give them the benefit of the doubt, but if he's going to say the designs aren't even the same and he doesn't care if homelanextreme did copied it, then i'm sure it was JAG who did the ripping here.
    My thoughts exactly.
    If I designed it, I would be tearing off thier heads and crapping down their necks.
    If I payed for it, I would be all over the designer.
    If I ripped it, I would probably say the same thing. (that is, if I was dishonest enough to rip it in the first place)
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."

Well what does it really matter?

Edge host uses a template that tons of sites use... so why bother posting this?

IMO it makes both companies look bad. If they don't care then that's their business. Site rips happen all the time

hmmm, interesting...

is that what they mean by "mirror-site"... LOL

There is a difference between a rip, and a purchased template

Besides, our new flash design is almost complete

geez, these ppl sux0r

they wouldn't by anychance be the same company?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

looking at the jarvis message board, the real designer has pointed out another jarvis rip...

I guess jarvis would say these aren't that similar either

http://www.myikonboard.com/intro.php

http://www.mediatemple.com/home.html

"Perhaps we should change our company name to

de-jar-vue_group.net

We are not very good at coming up with our own unique ideas so we have had to rely on the skills of other people. Unfortunately, we didn't pay any of these people for their work or their time. But I don't really see any problem with what we have done. It is not like copyright infringement or theft. We are just imitating these sites and that should be flattering for them.

We imitated ...
    their images
    their layout
    their colour
    their scripting
    their source code
    their designer's name
    their etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. "

ROFL

I've noticed that (jarvis ripping images / sites) ever since jarvis aquired ikonboard. I always thought that somebody donated their designs or images.
    Now I am thinking they couldn't possibly be the BIG organization that they say they are.
    Reminds me of ENRON.

Edited to change the word "bought" to "aquired" as very few will ever know the complete truth in the matter, but once Matt felt himself losing control of the developement of his 'baby', he moved one to bigger and better things. (Invision board)
    Anyway, who the the heck would want to be in a shared hosting environment with nothing but ikonboard users? At least in other shared environments, a lot of people have plain ol html, or at least faster, less intensive php boards. So the joke is on jeg, the losers after all.
    Last edited by ATST; 09-23-2002 at 05:40 PM.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!

Originally posted by aragon
    what a liar.

umm, you mean JEG ?
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

Sad thing is, they didn't even buy Ikonboard. They screwed the developer Matt Mecham (who started invisionboard after) out of it essentially.

They are reknowned for whoring designs and have attempted to rape at least one of the GPL projects I work on. Freaking leeches is what they are.